The Whitehouse sold to China in massive trade deal!

• 37 Replies

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Congress has approved a plan to sell The Whitehouse to the Chinese as part of a deal aimed at easing the U.S. budget deficit.

The deal, thought to be worth in the region of $20 billion, will see The Whitehouse become a centre of Chinese culture with cinemas, theatres, restaurants, a gymnasium and a table tennis arena.

Also included in the deal is a "Preferential Trading Partner" clause. This will see China opening its doors to America's largest foreign currency earners such as McDonalds and KFC and, in return, they will start selling noodle dishes alongside their existing menus.

In an effort to lower U.S. carbon emissions a Chinese bicycle company is buying a disused Pittsburgh steelworks to use as a manufacturing plant. It is hoped that cheap bicycles help encourage Americans to switch from their gas-guzzling Cadillacs to pedal-power.

Dr. Aldo Miramblatter, a senior Whitehouse health advisor, added "As a nation we're way too fat. This deal should help."

The Chinese ambassador to the U.S., Mai Phatdong, said "This is a histolical moment."
Fledgling science site at http://www.sciencefile.org/SF/content/view/54/98/ needs members and original articles. If you can help, please join.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2008 09:09:35 »
$@@@$=!!l\;/\;/==!#!+)#!=!\;==  oh my gawwwwd you had me all riled up and cursin old George Bush.... what the wholly hell was that redneck  doing now buy gosh that is the white house for crying out loud!!!!! darn near had a stroke...... reading that right up until the noodles  thing... LOL... someone had to calm me down..... and say *smiles* April fools!!!! jeesh... I never!!!! Mess with an old women like that!!!!!!  Hugs  Doc and thanks him for the laugh! Smart aleck!!
« Last Edit: 02/04/2008 05:44:42 by Karen W. »

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/04/2008 10:16:08 »
Wow.. This has got to be one of the most miserable events.. [:(]

Oh.. How did you figure it was April Fool's Karen??? DoctorBeaver got me!
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/04/2008 13:34:58 »
Because your one day ahead Seany!
Nothing is absolute. It takes a thousand people to make a stereotype, only one to grind it into the dust.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/04/2008 14:22:13 »
Its 1st April today..
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/04/2008 16:11:09 »
If it were not April 1, 2008 I would believe this - Dubyah is just this dumb.
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/04/2008 17:20:36 »
If it were not April 1, 2008 I would believe this - Dubyah is just this dumb.
Like Clinton's any better.
Nothing is absolute. It takes a thousand people to make a stereotype, only one to grind it into the dust.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/04/2008 17:21:33 »
I believed it.. Until I saw Karen's post [;D]

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/04/2008 17:22:05 »
I believed it.. Until I saw Karen's post [;D]
I couldn't believe so I kept reading till I saw Karen's post.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/04/2008 17:30:14 »
Yup yup same [;D]

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/04/2008 18:35:12 »
 [:D]
Fledgling science site at http://www.sciencefile.org/SF/content/view/54/98/ needs members and original articles. If you can help, please join.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/04/2008 18:46:28 »
Wow.. But if this did happen.. I'm pretty sure there would be.. MILLIONS of protests about it.

Would they be able to do this, even if 99% of Americans disagree?

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/04/2008 19:45:43 »
Britain went to war in Iraq when most of the country thought it was amistake.
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/04/2008 20:46:25 »
Oh.. It was because Blaire is Bush's poodle.

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01/04/2008 20:50:20 »
Oh.. It was because Blaire is Bush's poodle.

Uh-uh. Poodles are quite intelligent.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01/04/2008 22:48:46 »
LOL but they follow the owner. As do most dogs.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02/04/2008 01:34:54 »
Congress has approved a plan to sell The Whitehouse to the Chinese as part of a deal aimed at easing the U.S. budget deficit.

The deal, thought to be worth in the region of $20 billion, will see The Whitehouse become a centre of Chinese culture with cinemas, theatres, restaurants, a gymnasium and a table tennis arena.

Also included in the deal is a "Preferential Trading Partner" clause. This will see China opening its doors to America's largest foreign currency earners such as McDonalds and KFC and, in return, they will start selling noodle dishes alongside their existing menus.

In an effort to lower U.S. carbon emissions a Chinese bicycle company is buying a disused Pittsburgh steelworks to use as a manufacturing plant. It is hoped that cheap bicycles help encourage Americans to switch from their gas-guzzling Cadillacs to pedal-power.

Dr. Aldo Miramblatter, a senior Whitehouse health advisor, added "As a nation we're way too fat. This deal should help."

The Chinese ambassador to the U.S., Mai Phatdong, said "This is a histolical moment."

What is so sad about this is that it is essentially true.
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02/04/2008 05:53:22 »
Wow.. This has got to be one of the most miserable events.. [:(]

Oh.. How did you figure it was April Fool's Karen??? DoctorBeaver got me!

Because I was reading it in bed and caused a ruckus.. Nathan came while I was ranting about George and we read the rest and he said it was a April fools joke.. DUH Mom! Scared him cause I was hot and yelling bout George!...

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02/04/2008 05:59:45 »
this does come to a would you rather point though...

would you rather have a government in shambles because of extreme debt, or a government with chinese ties and a government center that isn't the white house?
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but it is against my moral code to attack the unarmed.

he's back!!!!

no, my name is not Bill Nye

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02/04/2008 06:15:35 »
The Chinese ties and stuff don't bother me but selling a part of our history as a country does bother me...

The dog gone government can by some goofy bic pens for a meeting of the house and spend something totally outrageous for the ink pens that cost squat to buy, and I could have bought them myself & paid for them and delivered them for squat, compared to what they paid for 25 ink pens!!!! Tens of thousands of wasted dollars..Thats where there money is going flaunting it around like it grows on trees pay crazy expensive prices for things that should be dealt with just like we do... by what you need and don't be so bloody extravagant! Its a bloody pen for crying out loud not6 the hand of God!
« Last Edit: 02/04/2008 06:17:27 by Karen W. »

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02/04/2008 08:12:54 »
The Chinese ties and stuff don't bother me but selling a part of our history as a country does bother me...

The dog gone government can by some goofy bic pens for a meeting of the house and spend something totally outrageous for the ink pens that cost squat to buy, and I could have bought them myself & paid for them and delivered them for squat, compared to what they paid for 25 ink pens!!!! Tens of thousands of wasted dollars..Thats where there money is going flaunting it around like it grows on trees pay crazy expensive prices for things that should be dealt with just like we do... by what you need and don't be so bloody extravagant! Its a bloody pen for crying out loud not6 the hand of God!

Now you're scaring me

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02/04/2008 09:17:21 »

Are you talking about China or America?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08/04/2008 12:56:56 »
American government officials! LOL.. They hold a meeting of the house of representatives and pay many thousands of dollars for ink pens.. LOL There are only 25 members and even if you bought him fifty dollar pens thats crazy.... don't ya think...a little bic pen would suffice... I mean really! Next thing you know they will say oh we have to have a certain quality ink for official government paper work! LOL!

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08/04/2008 18:32:16 »
Sweet and sour chicken balls anyone?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08/04/2008 19:35:31 »
Ok, sweet and sour chicken Balls????? Please explain? LOL!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08/04/2008 19:36:59 »

By the way it just irritates me that our government can be so blatantly wasteful!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08/04/2008 20:10:39 »

By the way it just irritates me that our government can be so blatantly wasteful!

Financially or of human lives?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08/04/2008 20:27:01 »
both....

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08/04/2008 20:35:14 »
I am in a bad spot as I just shipped my baby off into the military and I am really on the fence over it.. I know we all need to defend our countries ... but when it is your baby... and he just turned age to vote.. now they are going to train him to kill someone.. and take the life of another human being.. The repruccussions are horrible... He will never be the young man I raised..  again... They just take them so young... they always have.. I hate it I hate it at any age.... I am just getting to be an old bitter women when it comes to the government..

They control everything else children working discipline  which is good for the most part.. , but yet they can take a young children so impressionable and go to their schools and recruit them for killing.. and thats not abuse...  NEVERMIND.. I sent him away yesterday and it still hurts......

Offline Exodus

• Phileas Fogg
  • Neilep Level Member
  • Geology
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08/04/2008 22:52:21 »

egg fried rice?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 09/04/2008 03:01:17 »

egg fried rice?

That sounds yummy! LOL...

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09/04/2008 14:35:00 »
I am in a bad spot as I just shipped my baby off into the military and I am really on the fence over it.. I know we all need to defend our countries ... but when it is your baby... and he just turned age to vote.. now they are going to train him to kill someone.. and take the life of another human being.. The repruccussions are horrible... He will never be the young man I raised..  again... They just take them so young... they always have.. I hate it I hate it at any age.... I am just getting to be an old bitter women when it comes to the government..

They control everything else children working discipline  which is good for the most part.. , but yet they can take a young children so impressionable and go to their schools and recruit them for killing.. and thats not abuse...  NEVERMIND.. I sent him away yesterday and it still hurts......
There's no way to avoid it Karen, every mother feels like you, trying to hold on and not let go so nothing will change. My mom is different, she's really excited about Don going into the navy, right now he's at the academy...just because they joined doesn't mean they will kill people. There's hundreds of jobs that veer from that path.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09/04/2008 18:58:09 »

There's no way to avoid it Karen, every mother feels like you, trying to hold on and not let go so nothing will change. My mom is different, she's really excited about Don going into the navy, right now he's at the academy...just because they joined doesn't mean they will kill people. There's hundreds of jobs that veer from that path.

He is a mechanic and they are starting him in engineering building bridges as well as taking them out.  I hope your right .. I know all mothers feel it.. My family have a history in the service.. but it never gets easier! Thanks Ben.

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10/04/2008 13:51:29 »

He is a mechanic and they are starting him in engineering building bridges as well as taking them out.  I hope your right .. I know all mothers feel it.. My family have a history in the service.. but it never gets easier! Thanks Ben.
If there's only one thing I'm good at, it's probably cheering people up. No problem.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10/04/2008 19:43:24 »
Ben you are good at many things.. your bright, smart, witty, funny, elequent with your writing.. iaginative in your writing..... your nice. warm reliable, dependable, and I think you are one hell of a great young man with tons of talent and great potential.... you will go far!!! you ooze success and I think you are a very confident young man. You are definitely a good confident and friend!!!

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11/04/2008 13:25:59 »
Ben you are good at many things.. your bright, smart, witty, funny, elequent with your writing.. iaginative in your writing..... your nice. warm reliable, dependable, and I think you are one hell of a great young man with tons of talent and great potential.... you will go far!!! you ooze success and I think you are a very confident young man. You are definitely a good confident and friend!!!
Consonn it Karen! I'm trying to cut my own wrists and drown in despair here! grrr lol. Thanks.

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11/04/2008 16:46:20 »

DITTO!
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11/04/2008 17:25:19 »
YOUR WELCOME Ben.. but there will be no cutting of wrists young man.... you are too important of a human being as each of us are regardless of what our inner thoughts tell us!!
I have felt that way before but it is just us trying to give up on our selves... somtimes its just easier to give up, so we can't be lazy... we need to be strong and confident.....and believe in our own abilities no matter how hard that is!  [prop]