Why do arthritic joints always ache more during wet or even humid weather?

• 4 Replies

Offline OldDragon

• Heaven doesn't want me & the devil's afraid to.
    • View Profile
That's it... Why do arthritic joints always ache more during wet or even humid weather?

Pain Promotes Growth - Suffering is Optional.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Possibly a barometer effect when atmospheric pressure is low, causing swollen joints to expand further.

http://www.allaboutarthritis.com
« Last Edit: 02/07/2008 13:40:14 by RD »

Offline OldDragon

• View Profile
Thanks, RD - although my joints don't seem particularly swollen, they are literally creaking today, aching and uncomfortable. Atmospheric pressure much have some bearing on it, and sometimes I can get a headache when the pressure changes.

A thunderstorm has almost passed over here now, so will be tryting to get down to see to the horse and pony shortly, and before any more rain arrives.

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
Pesonally, my arthritis is worse when the weather is changing - it seems to ease off during periods of constant weather, regardless of whether it's hot or cold, wet or dry.
...And its claws are as big as cups, and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps! And Mrs Doyle was telling me it's got magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you! And instead of a mouth it's got four arses!

Offline OldDragon

• View Profile
You could be right there, Lee. Mine had eased a bit yesterday morning, and in places, although it was still wet.