Is it possible to learn bad habits from old people?

• 4 Replies

paul.fr

I have just been rading some of the rubbish JimBob's posts, and i have lost the ability to spell rightly! Are the two connected?

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/2008 01:16:50 »
It's possible to learn good bad habits from old people - they're tried and tested bad habits that have lasted the course.
...And its claws are as big as cups, and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps! And Mrs Doyle was telling me it's got magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you! And instead of a mouth it's got four arses!

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/09/2008 03:31:48 »
ur'e rite on there, Pauline!

I blame it on my spell checker - it's trash!
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

Offline Make it Lady

• Neilep Level Member
  • Hands-on fun for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/09/2008 20:02:35 »
I learnt how to pretend to be listening to inane chat by watching my Grandma. She was a world expert at saying yes, I see and ha,ha just at the right time. It is a fantastic skill.
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offline rosalind dna

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/2008 21:41:37 »
I learnt how to pretend to be listening to inane chat by watching my Grandma. She was a world expert at saying yes, I see and ha,ha just at the right time. It is a fantastic skill.

Sharon so was my Grandma the same and she was my maternal Gran.
With all of her funny memorable quirks
Rosalind Franklin was my first cousin and one my life's main regrets is that I never met this brilliant and beautiful lady.
She discovered the Single DNA Helix in 1953, then it was taken by Wilkins without her knowledge or agreeement.