0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Parents of a three-month-old baby who suffered fatal brain damage from a salt overdose have warned others not to feed their infants adult food. Fergus Walsh reports babies cannot digest more than half a gram of salt a day Leroy Elders was given liquidised adult food instead of specially-prepared baby meals because it was cheaper and his parents thought the ingredients were the sameAn inquest on Monday was told that Leroy's body contained nine grammes of salt, the average daily intake for an adult but enough to kill a baby, whose immature kidneys can only process a tiny fraction of that amount.
I'd test it on lab rats
Does anyone know how much salt the sailors who lived on salt poork and ships' biscuits would have eaten?