fossil identification help

• 7 Replies

Offline shopson

• First timers
    • View Profile
« on: 20/02/2009 02:54:57 »
My son has picked up boxes of these fossils in our yard.  Would anyone know anything about them?  I think the coral is tabulate.  He has many that look like shells, and a few big ones that look like bone stuck in rock.  We are in Alabama if that helps with identification.  These can be viewed at newbielink:http://www.photobucket.com [nonactive] under romansfossils.  password roman7

Thanks,

Roman's mom

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline Buckeye Girl

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2009 03:42:27 »
Looks like a good amount of crinoid stems (left side of 1st pic)
Not sure on pic  2 & 3
Pic 4 looks like colonial coral. Each prismatic area represents the base of an individual animal.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -                     Jorge Luis Borges

Offline frethack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23/02/2009 20:07:06 »
For some reason I am not able to view the pics at photobucket.  Probably operator error.  [;D]
frethack

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23/02/2009 20:15:23 »
For some reason I am not able to view the pics at photobucket.

Ditto ...

[attachment=7114]

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #5 on: 23/02/2009 20:50:26 »
Hmmm... I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier, but if you're going to publish a userID & password combination in a public forum you should expect someone to see it and then use it to log in to the account and change the password  [>:(]
...And its claws are as big as cups, and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps! And Mrs Doyle was telling me it's got magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you! And instead of a mouth it's got four arses!

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24/02/2009 01:36:34 »
Photobucket does have a guest password option: this permits those with the password to view the photos but not alter the account, (e.g. changing password would not be possible).

Offline shopson

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24/02/2009 05:52:56 »
Hmmm... I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier, but if you're going to publish a userID & password combination in a public forum you should expect someone to see it and then use it to log in to the account and change the password  [>:(]
Sorry, it was a hastily made acct with just a few pics.  I guess I didn't think about someone being juvenile enough to change the password.

Thanks for those who replied.