Internationalism And Humanism

• 9 Replies

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
« on: 04/03/2009 11:25:34 »
As a teenager I leaned to humanism, and dreamed of mind control and unity, but a tad of Christian ideas, and I was against a united world, after the Tower of Babel story.

One of my friends was interested in one world government. back in 87.

A lot has happened since then.

Europe is united, apart from Russia.

I became a Christian. We are warned about a forthcoming, one world government, world religion, and economy. Forced worship of an idol. And a mind control economy implant or mark... replacing cash, and ones not accepting it are penniless or maybe killed.

A slow, cunning revolution, from which there is no counter-revolution, due to there being no alternate government.

That sums up the threat I see in one form of internationalism.

International co-operation for charity is different.

Humanism seems to deny the existence of the human spirit and soul, and at conception and after death.

I surely hope it does not become a world religion.

« Last Edit: 05/03/2009 11:51:45 by Karen W. »
Titanscape

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
Re: Internationalism And Humanism
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/2009 11:34:30 »
I am an Internationlist - in that I respect and enjoy the diversity in the world.

When I refer to being a humanist is that I am concerned with the welfare of people (part of the reason why i am a volunteer).

As an Internationalist and Humanist, my volunteerism or concern is not constrained by any religious, national or any other boundary.  As a teacher, I teach the students to look at the International perspective (also required by the International Baccalaureate).

And as mentoned in another thread, I am a Catholic-Buddhist-Scientist
Black Saturday
7th February, 2009
Victoria, Australia

Never will we forget

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/03/2009 11:50:03 »
Hi Damo, did you study at the JIU?
Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/03/2009 12:04:11 »
Hi, I am not sure what the JIU is - I went to state schools and my 9 degrees have been in different Australian universities.

I currently teach at one of the many International schools in Japan.
Black Saturday
7th February, 2009
Victoria, Australia

Never will we forget

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/03/2009 12:08:32 »
Japanese International University, where a friend of mine from Tamworth teaches International relations, in politics.

John W.
Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/03/2009 12:19:44 »
Ah yes, I know of it by the full name (I must be tired, did not make the link) - there is so much to see in Tokyo...

My views and path sometimes causes confusion, but to some, it makes sense.
Black Saturday
7th February, 2009
Victoria, Australia

Never will we forget

Offline Titanscape

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/03/2009 12:41:44 »
I have a pen friend in Hungary who went from Catholic to Buddhist, a music teacher.
Titanscape

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/03/2009 14:03:34 »
my 9 degrees have been in different Australian universities.

[:o] I thought I was doing well with 5! (although that includes 2 masters and a PhD)
Fledgling science site at http://www.sciencefile.org/SF/content/view/54/98/ needs members and original articles. If you can help, please join.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/03/2009 20:52:44 »
my 9 degrees have been in different Australian universities.

[:o] I thought I was doing well with 5! (although that includes 2 masters and a PhD)

You are still doing slightly better than me, just working on my 2nd masters (optics-monkey-ology)

I have a pen friend in Hungary who went from Catholic to Buddhist, a music teacher.

I am still a Catholic, but have Buddhist leanings and generally follow the path of a physics techer
Black Saturday
7th February, 2009
Victoria, Australia

Never will we forget

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/03/2009 11:53:13 »
As a teenager I leaned to humanism, and dreamed of mind control and unity, but a tad of Christian ideas, and I was against a united world, after the Tower of Babel story.

One of my friends was interested in one world government. back in 87.

A lot has happened since then.

Europe is united, apart from Russia.

I became a Christian. We are warned about a forthcoming, one world government, world religion, and economy. Forced worship of an idol. And a mind control economy implant or mark... replacing cash, and ones not accepting it are penniless or maybe killed.

A slow, cunning revolution, from which there is no counter-revolution, due to there being no alternate government.

That sums up the threat I see in one form of internationalism.

International co-operation for charity is different.

Humanism seems to deny the existence of the human spirit and soul, and at conception and after death.

I surely hope it does not become a world religion.

You speak here of the mark of the beast from Revelations... which is a very complicated book of the bible... Many believe differently  but I assume it is a basic teaching within most christian churches eh? If one takes that in it is quite a scary thing for most people to imagine but accordingly that would put the present day society in close to that period relatively speaking...

Anyway.. I had heard no mention of this for a long time and it sent me back to revelations..
Anyway
I kinda agree with Damon..I just love people and I do not care where they come from... People are people and we are all different and we are all the same if you know what I mean.. Human.. living breathing feeling beings that are wonderfully diverse and I love that!

Sorry Titanscape! I accidentally put my post in yours instead of hitting the quote.. I have corrected it... My apologies!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."