a circuit that produces overunity results.

• 372 Replies

Offline witsend

• View Profile
    • Magnetic field model that enables overunity of electric systems
« Reply #150 on: 07/06/2009 17:29:21 »
Sorry Jerry, I missed your post.  Well - from what you and Vern say, 2c may be acceptable. Why then is it not reasonable to propose that a magnetic field comprises these zipons?  The only thing that mitigates against is that they're not visible.  But actually, I think Sophicentaur may have inadvertently helped.  You see - my model says that energy levels comprise these zipons.  And energy levels are distinctly evident.

Then - back to the casimir effect.  If these little numbers in fact 'bind' amalgams - they would not be evident as their charge is neutral - their fields are neutral - and they would respond to other similar fields as any one magnet would respond to another. And the casimir effect has definitely been proven but on a really small scale.

Come on Vern.  You've got an encylcopaedical knowledge of these things.  Help me here.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 07/06/2009 17:39:29 »
Sorry I should have referenced the fact that I'm proposing that these fields are extraneous to the atom.  They are NOT the atom's energy levels.  They're introduced when amalgams form - however and wherever.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #152 on: 07/06/2009 17:56:32 »
Quote from: witsend
Not sure why the emphasis or the relevance?  Is'nt widely understood that an electron moves at light speed in its orbit around the nucleus?  And, equally, there are many many proposals that the electron is a composite.  Some say doublet - others triplet.  But it's not a unique concept surely?
The emphasis is a link. I haven't seen the triplet proposal. It is widely understood that an electron does not move at light speed. And the orbit hypothesis of the electron going around a nucleus is going out of favour. Now we think of an electron probability cloud in which an electron may be found. I suspect though that the position is more determinate.

Edit: Maybe it would be more clear if I said that contrary to popular belief, I suspect that the electron's position is more determinate.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:07:16 by Vern »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 07/06/2009 18:02:18 »
 A positron?  How on earth is a positron stable?  Is it proposed to explain the fact that it would then not 'nose-dive' to the proton?  Golly Vern.  The cloud image I know.  As I understand it - it's the eternal expression between particle and wave.  Both evident but never together.

But my question?  Please answer it.  I'm on bended knees here at the back end of Africa.

By the way - I'm not married to an electron's light speed.  I don't need it.  But am entirely baffled at the thought of the positron in those energy levels.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:04:26 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #154 on: 07/06/2009 18:05:55 »
The word was position. I'll add the answer to your question after a little research.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 07/06/2009 18:06:59 »
Sorry  [:X]

Edit (I'm slowly learning this protocol)  Regarding your proposal that the electron's POSITION is more determinate - I'd love to know what you mean.  But - on second thought - let it wait until you've worked out the possibility of my little zipons causing that casimir effect.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:17:34 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #156 on: 07/06/2009 18:20:43 »
Then - back to the casimir effect.  If these little numbers in fact 'bind' amalgams - they would not be evident as their charge is neutral - their fields are neutral - and they would respond to other similar fields as any one magnet would respond to another. And the casimir effect has definitely been proven but on a really small scale.

Well; in a zippon universe that might work. [:)]

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 07/06/2009 18:31:20 »
Well.  Let's suppose we've got such.  I'm feeling ridiculously happy.  It's intoxicating to think that maybe, just maybe - we've got that 10 dimensional binary system.

Vern.  You're a star.

Edit ... [:D] [:D] [:D] [;D] [;D] [;D]
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 18:35:25 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #158 on: 07/06/2009 18:59:49 »
Why is it that you need 10 dimensions? Why not just use the three spacial and one time dimension?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 07/06/2009 19:03:46 »
Vern - I have to go out.  I can't answer this as much as I'd like to.  I'll get back to you on this.  It's huge.  Can you plough through my model?  Or is it too obtuse?

But I'll get back to you.  Our time's are plus/minus 7 hours I think.  Whatever.  I'll get back to you, but probably will only manage it tomorrow evening.  I am so so grateful for your help. 

By the way the link was re-instated after I re-instated.  Not too far down this post.  I haven't got time to look it up and post it here.
« Last Edit: 07/06/2009 19:06:16 by witsend »

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 08/06/2009 04:17:08 »
Vern, you know what - I think this thread has become way too big and it's getting off topic.  And no-one's really interested in that circuit.  That's why I introduced it.  I'd quite like to start another to deal with the concepts in the model. 

For anyone who still reads this thread - here's the thing.  Read the paper.  It's the pdf file at the top of that blog.  It really does work.  The history - as a reminder - is that the IET wont forward this paper for review.  Probably because it's way too amateurish.  Whatever.  I sort of hoped that reviewers would help me get it into shape to get it published.  Anyway.  Try it out.  It costs nothing.  It needs to be disproved and I can't get it to an academic forum.  Well I can - but not through the respectable medium of journal publication.  And until then the academics wont be associated.

It's based on an idea that current flow is really just magnetic fields that use circuit components to adjust their spin or charge.  If you can get it onto applications - feel free.  No need to apply for patent rights. And with energy being so big - it should at least merit a trial test.

Just know - for those electrical engineers - the waveform is NOT periodic.  But if you prefer to measure with periodic waveforms - the same benefit using inductors in series with loads.  over unity ranges between 80 to 600% measured - but nowhere near as extraordinary as using a really inductive resistor by itself.  That benefit we've measured at 16 COP.  Then also you don't need that 555 switch.  You can use a functions generator. 

sorry - I forgot to post the link
http://rosemaryainslie.blogspot.com/

edit - Just as a reminder - if you haven't waded through this thread - sweep the frequency range until it starts oscillating.  That's usually its optimum frequency.  You'll need a fairly stable switch to manage those duty cycles.  And the best way to check the benefit quickly is to use a dual function oscilloscope. I used a 123 Fluke scopemeter.  It handles high frequency measurement.  But the real advantage is that it displays DC and AC rms voltage.  Measure across the load and display both functions.  When DC is lower than ACrms you'll be at roughly the right point.  The thinking is that DC is a fair measure of the energy delivered by the battery - because it's not discharging during the 'off' period of the duty cycle.  So that below zero spike goes back to the battery.  The energy dissipated = the product of both cycles - above and below zero, less small losses associated with phase shift and heat losses at sundry circuit components.  Then fine tune those measurements.  We used carbon shunts and checked wattage dissipated against temperature rise - platinum based temperature probes linked to digital displays.

edit - sorry yet again.  If you can find an application - there are no patent restrictions.  Just go for it.

edit - promise it'll be the last.  Any academics reading this - it needs publication.  Get your students to test and publish.  Feel free.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 06:30:43 by witsend »

lyner

« Reply #161 on: 08/06/2009 10:57:21 »
So it oscillates and you use a chopper but it's not periodic?
What does that mean?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 08/06/2009 11:49:41 »
Hi Socphiecentaur.  By not being periodic I mean that the one waveform is not the same as the next.  You need to average your results.  Purists don't like to do this.  So - to make it periodic - use a transformer in series.  Less efficient but a steady repeatable waveform.

cant resist asking. Are you going to test this?
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 12:30:46 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #163 on: 08/06/2009 12:56:00 »
Vern, you know what - I think this thread has become way too big and it's getting off topic.  And no-one's really interested in that circuit.  That's why I introduced it.  I'd quite like to start another to deal with the concepts in the model.

It might be interesting to know what is the link between the theory about Zipons and the circuit.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 08/06/2009 14:52:14 »
Hi Socphiecentaur.  By not being periodic I mean that the one waveform is not the same as the next.  You need to average your results.  Purists don't like to do this.  So - to make it periodic - use a transformer in series.  Less efficient but a steady repeatable waveform.

cant resist asking. Are you going to test this?

Where is this circuit described? I don't see how to find it.
The other question I have is that you say you must average the results.
That may be a problem because in electrical theory you have to take the root mean square of all the different components and not the average.
  For example if one component has an average value of 100 and the other 1, the sum of the average components would be 101.
   However the true answer to the energy would be
  (100^2 + 1^2)^0.5 = 1.00005
 For this simple example not using the root mean square would imply a large effect for the 1 component while using the root mean square basically eliminates the 1 component.
   I do not know if this is a problem with your circuit because I have not seen the circuit.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 08/06/2009 14:57:03 »
Sophiecentaur.  The circuit is described in the paper, the pdf file that you access at the top of my blog.  I thought you'd read this.  The experiment is DETAILED in full.

Oh God.  I don't want to do this.  Just please, at least, read that paper. I think you'll see I've got a fair grasp of classical measurement requirements.

lyner

« Reply #166 on: 08/06/2009 14:59:23 »
In series with what? A transformer is a four terminal device.
What determines the frequency of this, non-periodic oscillation? Is it the switch circuit?
The fluke 123 may give you RMS current but it assumes constant voltage.
The only way to be anything like sure of the actual energy delivered by the battery is to look at total discharge time and, to be sure that nothing special is happening in the battery, you would need to do it over many charge / discharge cycles. The battery could well be acting as a primary cell, in part. The energy coming from other than the recharging process.
What is "a really inductive resistor". What was its inductance? 10 or a few nH? It will have had an actual value - measurable or even calculable, roughly.

I wonder why you used carbon resistors. They are not stable or close tolerance - unlike metal film resistors. We never used carbon resistors after about 1970, in the Research Lab where I worked.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 08/06/2009 15:06:20 »
Sophiecentaur.  The circuit is described in the paper, the pdf file that you access at the top of my blog.  I thought you'd read this.  The experiment is DETAILED in full.

Oh God.  I don't want to do this.  Just please, at least, read that paper. I think you'll see I've got a fair grasp of classical measurement requirements.

I am missing something. I do not see any PDF file listed on the starting paragraph.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 08/06/2009 15:10:16 »
You press the 'here' button.  It opens up the paper.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 08/06/2009 15:20:44 »
You press the 'here' button.  It opens up the paper.

Well thank you, you gave me my morning laugh. It is hysterical!!!!

My KIA air conditioning was fixed last week by the dealer for free. They give 60,000 mile warranty. I only have 44,000 miles. My daughter was driving it and said the lights are no longer on when you drive. They work if you turn the switch. But normally they go on in the daytime.
  I called the dealer and he told me that there was an on/off switch that could change them. He said it was in the manual. I thought a connect was pulled loose but he insisted the AC was on a different side.
  I studied the manual and looked all over for the switch. I did notice that the fog lights no longer are on. So now I have an appointment with him at 2 pm.
  So I do not have a manual for this website. Please explain how to find the "here button". I am not that computer literate.
  Perhaps my dealer can help me.
  Anyway I cannot stop laughing.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 08/06/2009 15:35:44 »
Open the blog.  You'll see the following - in yellow- 'Counter electromotive force enables...'

Directly under that 'in white' it says "PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM 'HERE'  The here button is in lilac.  Put your cursor on that button and left click.

Glad to have amused you. 

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 15:56:36 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #171 on: 08/06/2009 15:43:03 »
Open the blog.  You'll see the following - in yellow- 'Counter electromotive force enables...'

Directly under that 'in white' it says "PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM 'HERE'  The here button is in lilac.  Put your cursor on that button and left click.

Glad to have amused you especially if it gets you out of attack mode. 

jerrygg38: I modified the witsend quote and inserted a link the Blog.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 08/06/2009 15:51:59 »
Thanks Vern. I would not have known how to do it. 

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 08/06/2009 15:54:20 »
Jerrygg38 - let me add to the general merriment.  I thought that I was talking to Sophiecentaur.  But I've got a shrewd idea he has also not read the paper.  I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 08/06/2009 16:24:01 »
Sophiecentaur - I assume you've read the paper.  Can you please confirm this?

You can use single wound, double wound, any.  We used hefy single wound transformers but it's not necessary. The idea is to put the transformer in series with the load and before the switch.  The diode is then in parallel to both the inductor and the load resistor.

Yes, the switch determines the rate of oscillation.

I cannot understand what you mean by the Fluke 'assuming a constant voltage'.

We've done those tedious tests related to battery draw downs.  I've actually explained it to you in this thread.  Have you forgotten or did you read it?

The level of inductance of the resistor is explained in the paper.

Please read the paper and you'll see that the carbon resistors are used to determine the battery 'draw down' rate.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 08/06/2009 16:41:24 »

Glad to have amused you especially if it gets you out of attack mode. 

I found the blog. I quickly went through it and it says the circuit is in the appendix.

How do you find the appendix link?????? I could not find it.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 08/06/2009 16:45:18 »

[/quote]

I found the blog. I quickly went through it and it says the circuit is in the appendix.

How do you find the appendix link?????? I could not find it.
[/quote]

PS: I do not know if this is applicable but in the past and probably today, you can get free power from the power company with a diode. The watthower meter does not respond to DC currents.
  So if the measuring device requires an AC signal in voltage and current, it will not read DC components.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 08/06/2009 16:48:31 »
Jerrygg38 - I'm emailing you a copy of that paper.  Watch out for it.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 08/06/2009 17:11:28 »
Jerrygg38 - I'm emailing you a copy of that paper.  Watch out for it.

I will look for it. Hopefully it will come before I go to the dealer in one hour. Then I can start to study it while I wait for the car.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 08/06/2009 17:14:53 »
Hi Jerry, you should have got it.  I sent it some time back.

Edit - just realised I sent it to the wrong address.  Sorry Jerry and apologies Sophiecentaur.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 17:18:17 by witsend »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 08/06/2009 17:20:15 »

Edit - just realised I sent it to the wrong address.  Sorry Jerry and apologies Sophiecentaur.

I just rechecked my email address and it is correct. I will look again.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 08/06/2009 17:38:41 »

I just rechecked my email address and it is correct. I will look again.

I got it and printed it out. Now I will study it at the car dealer.

The circuit is basically familiar to me with variations. I used to enjoy making all sorts of switching circuits at work and at home. I haven't built one in 20 years but it brings back memories.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 08/06/2009 17:53:03 »
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance, That principle is Contempt Prior To Investigation." Herbert Spencer.

I took the liberty of copying this from Adrew Fletcher's thread on MS.  It's for your benefit Sophiecentaur.

Offline Madidus_Scientia

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 08/06/2009 18:02:13 »
ignorance would be contempt after investigation, if there was anything to the theory that is
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 18:09:50 by Madidus_Scientia »

Offline rosy

• Neilep Level Member
  • Chemistry
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 08/06/2009 18:16:40 »
To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough to be persecuted: you must also be right.

-- Robert L. Parks

lyner

« Reply #185 on: 08/06/2009 19:02:44 »
AKF is another contributor who has found what may be an interesting phenomenon and has tried to explain it with a brand new but incomplete scientific hypothesis. Interesting that witsend has picked up on his posts.
I think the Galileo quote really fits here. Nice one Rosy.

witsend - did you have some values for your inductances and could you explain how to fit a four terminal transformer "in series"?

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 08/06/2009 19:10:02 »
... if there was anything to the theory that is

Not sure what you mean by this?  I don't have a theory.  At best a badly articulated model.  But if I was scared of contempt I would not still be at this forum. 

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 08/06/2009 19:43:20 »
Sophiecentaur and Rosy, if you feel that it's inappropriate to discuss the circuit on this forum - then say so.  I'll be glad to stop posting. 

I believe the level of inductance on the circuit's resistor is described in the paper that I inadvertently sent you Sophiecentaur.  And regarding the transformer.  Why on earth do I need four terminals to the transformer?  We use single wound.  I've written it. But if you want to vary it - feel free.  My reference to double wound inductors is just to encourage any testers to vary the circuit if they so wish.   
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 19:48:03 by witsend »

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #188 on: 08/06/2009 19:53:28 »
witsend: you should call a single wound device a coil or solenoid; it wouldn't be a transformer of the kind we think about in electronics.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 08/06/2009 20:04:22 »
AKF is another contributor who has found what may be an interesting phenomenon and has tried to explain it with a brand new but incomplete scientific hypothesis.

How in heaven's name would I have 'found' an interesting phenomenon?  I knew nothing about electricity.   I went to some considerable lengths to test my idea.  I've told you the history.  But I think, at long last, that I see where your objections are coming from.  You think I'm fraudulently misrepresenting this history to gain some prestige for the idea.  You've no idea what a backhanded compliment that is.  That also means that if the idea came before the experiment - then the idea may have validity.  What fun. My friends know what came first.  So do those academics I approached.  It was much more than Prof Claymans and Violie.  It was also Professor Zingu.  How nice is that. Thank you Sophiecentaur.  It's made my day.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 08/06/2009 20:06:21 »
witsend: you should call a single wound device a coil or solenoid; it wouldn't be a transformer of the kind we think about in electronics.

Thanks Vern.  But this ignorance surely speaks to my lack of knowledge.  I'm always glad to stress this.

Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding? Or just when you use more than one winding?  We also used an inductor with about 6 windings just to vary inductance.  Whatever, apologies to any readers if this was wrong - or confusing?  Whatever.  The point being - the counter electromotive force definitely increases with more inductance - if you choose to test these as well.
« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 20:35:18 by witsend »

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 08/06/2009 20:46:56 »

Vern did you get to look at the circuit?  It is just a simple R/L switching circuit, electricity 101. It is something I learned in Brooklyn Tech High School in the electrical course.

It is hard to understand why so many people signed onto it. Did you read the report?
  The authors calculated 1.22 Mega joules at the load and only 67.6 at the battery. If the device was 100 percent efficient, it should have been calculated at 61.1 kilojoules at the battery. Therefore the efficiency of this circuit is

efficiency = 91.1 percent

Therefore the Mosfet and the driver andthe series resistor is losing 8.9 percent.
  I will study the circuit more but they did not use
   Power = V^2 / R
  Instead they used voltage times average current. This is not very good for a transient circuit which produces mostly square waves. The average power dissipated in the load is one half.

Variations of this circuit goes back to Alexander Graham Bell. It was studied at the dawn of electrical theory by the greatest minds.

Vern have you done any circuit design over your career? Anyway you are excellent with knowledge of physics.

Dear Witsend: I will continue to study it. I think the pictures in the blog are fantastic. Your theory on twice light speed sounds interesting.
However this simple 200 year old electrical circuit has not changed from the time of simple switches such as telephone relays to the mosfets of 20 years ago.

It is difficult to understand how so many people could sign on to approval of such things. Sometimes I worked for circuit analysis at Sperry Gyro when I was between assignments. We had to study such circuits and insure that under temperature or over time the circuit would still work well. It was very important that the mosfets had to shut off perfectly.

On the side issue. I got to the dealer and he said the kia lights do not go on in the daytime unless you leave the light switch on. They will go off automatically. I thought they always was on. Anyway somehow I completely messed up. My daughter did too. But it is hard for me to believe.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #192 on: 08/06/2009 20:52:37 »
Quote from: jerrygg38
Vern did you get to look at the circuit?  It is just a simple R/L switching circuit, electricity 101. It is something I learned in Brooklyn Tech High School in the electrical course.
Yes; and I studied the Zipons and Truants. I thought they were interesting. I think witsend said there was nothing special about the circuit.

Quote from: jerrygg38
Vern have you done any circuit design over your career? Anyway you are excellent with knowledge of physics.
Yes; I've designed all kinds of electronics and logic circuits; mostly test equipment; my training was in nuclear instrumentation.

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 20:55:56 by Vern »

lyner

« Reply #193 on: 08/06/2009 20:54:09 »
You say you have explained the "draw down" but how many cycles did you explore?
I ask again - how can you connect something with Four wires in "series" with anything?
Do you realise that INDUCTANCE is a quantity - it has units of H (Henries). If you describe something as "really inductive", what inductance did it have. Your "extensive" measurements may not have been as extensive as you say.
Yes I read the circuit paper from cover to cover and noticed you did lots and lots of some measurements and not any of others (or you don't quote them). Frequencies - the ringing of the switching waveform is also relevant.
You are asking people to get involved with something that is only half fledged. When this is pointed out, you just get shirty. Can you really be so arrogant as to interpret every awkward question as "arthritis of the brain"?
I advise that you take jerrgg38's comments on board - or does he have arthritis too~~?

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #194 on: 08/06/2009 21:02:44 »
Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding?
Yes; a transformer transforms voltage and current from one circuit to another, increasing or decreasing the voltage and current. It usually takes two circuits wound on the same core. But you can have a single winding that is tapped with a third wire.

« Last Edit: 08/06/2009 21:23:52 by Vern »

lyner

« Reply #195 on: 08/06/2009 21:10:50 »
Yes- an autotransformer.
Still three terminals, though.

Offline jerrygg38

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 08/06/2009 21:12:13 »
Edit - I thought solenoids were small?  Have used only one half of double wound inductor?  When does it become a transformer - when there's more than one winding?
Yes; a transformer transforms voltage and current from one circuit to another, increasing or decreasing the voltage and current. It usually takes two circuits would on the same core. But you can have a single winding that is tapped with a third wire.

I used a lot of digital to synchro converters in my Gun fire system. I would have to check and approve the vendor designs. Perkin Elmer, DDC, Analog Devices etc.
  The transformers wound on tiny donut shaped cores were extremely tiny. You need special lenses to see the windings.
  In Con Edison my transformers were huge. Some were greater than 10 feet by 10 feet by 10 feet. Then I I worked with tiny, tiny tiny.
  Years ago many circuits were built using gold wires under microscopes. I would design and test the large scale model and the circuit lab would produce the tiny model. Today they put a billion circuits on a chip. It is amazing.

Offline Vern

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Photonics
« Reply #197 on: 08/06/2009 21:28:34 »
The first disk drive I bought for AT & T cost $60K. It stood three feet high and held 300 megabytes. Now I keep backups on a thumb size 4 Gig chip. Yep; truly amazing.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 08/06/2009 21:37:57 »
Sophiecentaur - and everyone who is offended at my attitude - please let me explain.  While I would love to discuss the circuitry at the level that is probably appropriate for this experiment - I simply cannot.  I have no knowledge of electric circuitry other than the simple little experiment that I've detailed in the paper.  It is unfortunate.  It's all I needed to know.  I am entirely and utterly bored by it.  If I ask you to put an experiment together, it's not taxing your mind, your time - anything at all.  It's a really simple experiment.  Just DISPROVE IT.

I just cannot get my mind around is the surprise and anger that this test evokes.  It is entirely beyond me.  I'll go further and say this - I cannot understand how it is that really clever people cannot see that there would inevitably be a gain.

Clearly it is because you guys see current as one thing - and I another.  I've tried to explain my concepts but they are way too elusive.  Maybe if you asked specific questions I could try and answer them?  But don't test my knowledge of circuitry.  It is unfortunate but it's bereft.

Offline witsend

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 08/06/2009 21:47:32 »
And Sophiecentaur - in truth I don't think your mind is arthritic.  It was my rebuff at your dismissal of my own abilities.  I may not know electric circuitry but it does not mean that I know nothing about physics.  Just read you posts.  They are brutal and undeservedly so.