0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
if its dry use a mask on your face and take a not too stiff bristled paint brush and lightly brush it off real good.You can use baking soda as it helps iliminate odor as well! Sometime a light spritz of lemon juice mist afterwards, can help and allow to dry but sometimes it can ruin the ink print depending on the type of ink used. set in sunlight to dry!
Are you sure it's mould? It looks a lot like the rose pattern wallpaper my mum put up in my bedroom.
Will nuking it in the microwave help ?
Do not microwave damp books. It can damage the adhesives that hold the book together, and paper can ignite
How can I get rid of mould on a book? * Mould can be a health hazard - protect yourself by wearing protective clothing, facemask and gloves. If any health problems occur, contact your doctor * Is the book rare, valuable, irreplaceable or important to you? If not, consider discarding the book * Do not try to remove damp mould - it will smear and permanently stain the material * If you want to keep the book, move it to a separate dry area and air-dry it completely. Then take the book outside and remove the dried mould with a soft brush * Always brush dried mould away from you and wear a face mask * Seek expert help for extensive and/or severe mould problems
What about mould-infested books, papers, and photographs?This can be frustrating, especially if the items are valuable. If you really want to save the infested items, you might want to consult with a professional cleaning firm. However, a simple answer for small numbers of infested items is to put the individual sheets in plastic bags and then photocopy them. You can freeze them to stop further growth until such time as the photocopying can be undertaken. Sometimes the freezing process will kill the fungus. The American Institute of Conservation website provides a number of useful tips and also provides contact information for professional conservators.