How can the signs change with an acceleration? Unruh radiation.

• 53 Replies

Offline jartza

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11/01/2011 19:51:53 »
What I really meant was: charged object free falling non-uniformly, while different parts of its electric field being in different gravity fields.

Offline yor_on

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • (Ah, yes:) *a table is always good to hide under*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13/01/2011 05:06:11 »
I asked him about it, and he sent me this link Graham :) Black Hole Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics by Steve Carlip. I hope it will make it more understandable for us. 
==

It looks really nice.
"BOMB DISPOSAL EXPERT. If you see me running, try to keep up."

Offline jartza

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14/01/2011 17:31:30 »
The capacitor plates idea is beyond my current understanding (no pun intended). I guess it is not possible to polarise the BH and I would assume then that the dielectric constant of the BH is zero - all the effective field lines from the plates would have to bend around the BH making the capacitance lower than would be the case if the BH wasn't there. I will build one in my garden and measure it :-)

Oh yes, black hole moving slowly through electric field gently pushes the field lines off of its way. Only a small wave is produced.

Black hole does NOT eat a hole in the electric field that it goes through.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14/01/2011 17:34:47 »
I asked him about it, and he sent me this link Graham :) Black Hole Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics by Steve Carlip. I hope it will make it more understandable for us. 
==

It looks really nice.

They look great - Thanks Yor-On
Thereís no sense in being precise when you donít even know what youíre talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n