The "Speilberg Look"

• 5 Replies

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
The "Speilberg Look"
« on: 22/02/2012 07:36:06 »
For a while I was wondering why this guy was so cheap that he wouldn't buy a decent razor. Heck, he could buy an entire razor company if he wanted to. I think I have finally grokked it. He really does not care too much what people might think of his appearance - he's going for comfort!

When I have a close shave it does a terrible number on my skin, but when I grow a serious beard, it turns back and starts to attack me. For me, the most comfortable state is a state of stubble.

Today I purchased (at great expense I'll have you know) a "stubble look" electric shaving machine (for reasons that I do not understand, Mrs G seemed to find this highly amusing).

I will provide periodic reports on the efficacy of this device.

There ain'ta no sanity clause, and there ain'ta no centrifugal force ćther.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The "Speilberg Look"
« Reply #1 on: 22/02/2012 12:29:03 »
Have you tried the electrics that work in the shower with shaving foam/gel - they are about the only ones that don't bring me out in a rash
There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23/02/2012 01:30:31 »
Have you tried the electrics that work in the shower with shaving foam/gel - they are about the only ones that don't bring me out in a rash

Never tried them, although I think my spinny-head electric is compatible with water. It can be cleaned in water at least.

Of course, the other aspect of this is that as I am a geezer, I might as well look the part!

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23/02/2012 02:26:12 »
the old-style Craig David look is easier ...

[attachment=16043]

clean shave then draw in the beard with a black marker pen.
« Last Edit: 23/02/2012 02:27:47 by RD »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22/03/2012 04:46:23 »
Monkey Tail ?...

[attachment=16162]
« Last Edit: 22/03/2012 04:51:45 by RD »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25/03/2012 07:38:48 »
Ho yes. I can just imagine the reaction if I showed up in my local boozoire sporting one of them things.

Only vaguely related, but being a geezer does have some advantages. I just found out I can buy a season pass for a local ski mountain for $119. That's for all of next season, and the remainder of this season, and we still have a lot of snow.

There are some places not far from here where $119 would not even buy me two days!