0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure to real and fake electromagnetic fields, and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities.
I have an acquaintance who has a fear of electricity. She claimed that the electric fields from the wiring of the house where she was staying made her ill. Personally, I think it is a bit of a phobia, as she has several other somewhat obsessive fears. I would probably never attempt to convince her otherwise. Never the less, it occurred to me that I actually do not honestly know what happens when electrons move in a copper wire, and if it generates a field of any kind that effects anything in the vicinity, including living things. I very vaguely remember Maxwell's experiments with coiled wires and magnets from physics class in 1981.
... we will see whether it is statistically over longer times, if so, it should be related to a increase, in for example cancer ...
A cell phone has a electromagnetic field twenty million times stronger than the natural back ground radiation close to the body.
Please notice 'over a life'. And it's only through statistics we will be able to track it, as I think. There has been a lot of stuff in human history polluting our environment, from smog, to radon, to using lead as ones utensils.