why is this scam published

• 1 Replies

Offline syhprum

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
why is this scam published
« on: 24/05/2013 12:08:00 »
I am somewhat shocked to see the Phys.org Newsletter Thursday, May 23 publishing an account of a faked demonstraition of the "Rossi E-Cat Device" as though it was a serious scientific event.
I have always considerd Phys.org a source of good scientific information but this rather changes my opinion.
syhprum

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Re: why is this scam published
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2013 18:10:15 »
I think it is right for phys.org to report - but maybe a little more critical thinking and writing would be called for.

Ethan Speigal has written a superb pair of blogs on this latest installment in the scam

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/05/21/the-e-cat-is-back-and-people-are-still-falling-for-it/

But then Ethan is a ex-prof of theoretical physics and Lisa Ziga is a journo with a degree in Rhetoric (! as far as I can tell)
Thereís no sense in being precise when you donít even know what youíre talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n