0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I heard a case long ago about a person who was struck by lighting and had a burn right down his front, but with a two inch gap in it where the current had run through the metal strip in a banknote. This led me to wonder if having a small amount of wiring in clothes would save lives. There may be a danger that it would make you more likely to be struck, but that's probably a marginal difference, and if you are struck it would stop the current running through your heart, which is the main killer.
keeping it away from your heart would provide the biggest gain
Quotekeeping it away from your heart would provide the biggest gainI agree that this is important for avoiding immediate death, but I have heard that people have suffered considerable neurological problems for many years afterwards.
The "...sorry, you cannot view external links. To see them, please
REGISTER or LOGIN, where a nearby lightning strike causes a very high voltage between your feet, so the current flows in one foot, and out the other.
I seems the idea was popular in France a while ago....sorry, you cannot view external links. To see them, please
REGISTER or LOGIN