0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I hope they aren't using lead based paints on the keyboards because I tend to rub the paint off the keys every few years, although simple transfer to the fingertips would be a very low dose. I think my black Lenovo had mostly molded black plastic, whereas Dell's silver colored laptops were painted, thus less to rub off or digest.At this point there isn't a lot you can do, and anything you would do to fix it would likely be far more traumatic to the kid than the actual part traveling through the digestive system. I would expect the plastic to be fairly inert. Perhaps the surface of any metal will be dissolved. Many minerals are nutrients in low doses.I assume you're still using diapers. It wouldn't hurt to wash and strain your diapers so you can verify that you get the part back in a few days. Once you get it, clean it up and post the photo  Then you can install it back on the computer.Make sure the stomach doesn't start feeling painful, tight, distended, or the child doesn't significantly change eating or bowel habits. If something seems off, call your doctor, or take your kid to the ER.I am seeing notes about ingested nickel and rashes. Perhaps something else to watch out for.
I think apart from size causing a blockage the only thing that would cause poisoning would be a battery they are real dangerous to injest
Quote from: syhprum on 15/11/2014 20:48:50I think apart from size causing a blockage the only thing that would cause poisoning would be a battery they are real dangerous to injestthank you. it has been the fourth day and he didnt have anything abnormal. blockage shouldnot be possible or? in addition i just took the photo of the broken part of the lenovo. do you know what kind of paint could that be? looking brown redish. why did lenovo bother to paint a plastic part to a shiny metal color? because ive heard certain metal that can prevent fire?
Swallowing a button battery can be fatal - there's a coating been developed for them which should stop them conducting (and short-circuiting in the stomach) unless they're pressed hard by metal contacts, but it may be a while before they become available (and more importantly universal).
hey, its been fifth day and his stoolgang seems fully normal except yesterday one a little bit soft or liquid. other tens times were all fine. by keeping watching diaper, do you mean i should check if some little part came out or just see if its still normal? im also wondering, perhaps he didnt swallow and im waiting for nothing.
There are lots of toys made out of materials that look the same as that, so you can't tell much just by looking. The odds are though that a big company will not be putting out machines covered in toxic materials, even if a computer is not a toy - it would destroy their reputation if they were found to be doing so. If you're in any doubt though, perhaps you could try putting another bit of the same material into various chemicals to see how robust it is. Perhaps the chemists here could make better suggestions as to which chemicals to try, but fizzy water might be a good starting point - leave it in fizzy water overnight and then see if it has degraded in any way. Perhaps you could taste the water once it's gone flat and see if it has a nasty taste. I doubt you'll get anything out of the material at all, but a null result would be good in this case.
I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like he swallowed some batteries or something.He will be just fine