Anum Cara: A tribute to my friends

• 241 Replies

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: Anum Cara: A tribute to my friends
« Reply #150 on: 01/12/2006 07:08:32 »
Kind of old 60 70s I don't know what years, The one song I know I like Is "I betcha by golly wow!"

What are air cadets..do you mean pilots?

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #151 on: 01/12/2006 07:13:39 »
Awwww cool, I'll have to check them out.

Air cadets basically gives kids some basic knowledge and skills for if they wish to join the RAF when they are old enough. My mate is too old now to be a cadet but helps out and has the ranking of civilian advisor, that's how  he is able to stay. He really wants to join the RAF so is doing all this so that his application will look a lot better
-------------------------

Would if I could but I can't so I won't

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 01/12/2006 07:22:28 »
Well that is cool. That is good for young folks. My brother was in the Air Force.. He did not fly he was an airplane mechanic!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 01/12/2006 07:27:22 »
I'm not sure if he wants to fly or was told he wouldn't be able to. I think it might have been his eye sight. But I'm sure he still wants to join the RAF.

I think all these cadet groups are a great idea, keeps kids out of trouble and gives them an idea as to what they might like to do later on.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 01/12/2006 07:32:50 »
Yes I agree. They need to do constructive things to keep busy!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 01/12/2006 07:41:45 »
I often wonder if kids who commit crime, if they were made to do a form of cadets to learn skills and discipline that they might learn some respect and stop whatever trouble they might be into. Obviously they would have to be a little harder on them to get it to sink in but I feel that some of these kids are out of control.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 01/12/2006 07:54:38 »
DAniel, Got a call SHE IS OK!!!!!!!!!! Car is totaled no hope for car... She was traveling 70 miles per hour The buck came off the bank into lane in front of her! She hit him head on.. I will try to get some pictures.. SHES OK >>>>>>>Thank you all so much for staying with me so long I am sorry it took them so long but glad she is safe.. Not a single scratch seatbelt saved her.. Daniel, Thank GOD!!! So relieved ... so relieved.. You get some sleep ok! I love you guys all of you!! THanks Carolyn And Neil thanks so very much... I love you!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 01/12/2006 07:59:02 »
That's wonderful news hun. I am so happy for you. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt. Today is going to seem like the best and most beautiful day ever.

Yet again, great news sweetie

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 01/12/2006 08:05:14 »
That's wonderful news hun. I am so happy for you. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt. Today is going to seem like the best and most beautiful day ever.

Yet again, great news sweetie

Oh Daniel, Get some sleep, thanks for everything I would have went nuts..I did go nuts but not as bad,, you know what I mean... waiting is torture!.... o sorry.. I owe you all really big time!! Hugs

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #159 on: 01/12/2006 08:09:40 »
Carolyn hoe your weekend goes well!

Karen - Was that a typo or are you callin me names?LOL [:0] [:)]

Carolyn

LOL good catch...LOL
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 01/12/2006 08:11:06 »
Hun you don't owe us anything. This is what friends do, we're there for each other. I am just glad your daughter is ok, I expect she's going to get a huge hug when you see her.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 01/12/2006 08:14:35 »
CONGRATEWELATIONS CAROLYN...and I luff the poem !!..way better than any of mine !!

Thanks Neil - you're so generous with your praise.  I was actually thinking of sneaking hubby a love poem in his suitcase.  Which one do yall think will make him wanna come home sooner, the maple surple one, or the one Ian wrote here...

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=1998.475

I really really like this one. [;)]

Carolyn

Yep, I think I saw a studdie muffin one...hehe
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 01/12/2006 08:20:00 »
Oy!  Karen, glad your daughter is alright...just read she was in an accident...thank God!  Get some rest....hugs...I am off of here in just a minute...
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 01/12/2006 08:24:15 »
Did I just read some mush here???  What?  I thought Neilsy and my plot on the mush slushers plot had been foiled...tsk, tsk...I will have to call up my counterpart here to help me out...Neilsy...sweetcheeks is at it again...I do like that endearing term...hehe  You are so cute....Hey, Neilsy, he maybe trying to wear us down...LOL  Love you too!  ;-)

Swoops in..."aaaaahhhererereraahahhhhhhhhhhheerereahhhhhhhhhh "..that's me doing a tarzan impression...not bad for a sheep !!..though holding onto those damn vines is not easy in my stilletos !!

Places her on the ground and plops a wet shmishy sheepy kiss in on her lips....NO..not THOSE lips !!......LOL !!!!

"Hey Shweety "  (in the style of Bogart)

"of all the threads in all the forums Ewe has to walk into mine".......don's his mask and hightails it outta there !!.."aaahhhhhheeerrrrraahhhheerraahhhhh"..................straight into a tree !!..THWACK !!!.....slump !!

If only you would just hand over my heels...you would land easier...lol  Thanks Tarzan sheepie...it is about time you come to my rescue....these romantic mushes are taking over....I miss my Helena though...she would love it!
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 01/12/2006 08:28:42 »
That's true, where is Helena!!!!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 01/12/2006 16:42:12 »
She's around Lurking in the shadows, she is a mysterious romantic thing you know! Hi Helena, Have a great day! We do miss you!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 01/12/2006 19:50:51 »
Karen....me is so relieved and pleased for ewe and your family about your daughter !!

Those silly Deers...don't they know about the highway code ?
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 02/12/2006 02:13:05 »
 Kind Sir, Thank-you so much for your support last night.. am so very greatful. I cannot tell you how scared I was.. I don't need to.. you have your own children you understand.. I am so greatful for You and Daniel and Carolyn and Loretta too. All of you are in my heart today and always.. I thought I was going to die waiting.. I thought what the heck was I doing waiting by the phone.. I froze and panicked when Robert said that to me.. then he ran out the door..I wanted to go with him, but he said to stay by the phone.. Horrible things went through my mind about what if She's hurt or worse dead.. I want to talk to her to tell her I love her... so many hurt feelings between us lately that have been unresolved.. would I ever get a chance to tell her I love her again.. OMG I was so scared...! You guys are wonderful! Thank-you is not enough!

I will post a picture in your thread here Daniel if that is ok! Show you her car! That was one big Buck! I think she said 6 point!

About those deer I don't think they have ever read the code Sir! We must do something about that! Sheepy seems to read nicely, maybe he should spread the code about to all the parts of the world to all of the other 4 legged creatures!!! You spread it sheepy, and I'll take you out and we will dance all night, then I'll buy you some Kick A** New Heels to sport on those most special occasions when you feel like tripping the light fantastic!! DEAL? [;)] [:X] [:)]
« Last Edit: 02/12/2006 02:31:57 by Karen W. »

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 02/12/2006 02:54:37 »
Karen - Isn't it amazing how much damage they can do?  The 10 point I hit was about 350lbs and I didn't see it till I was right on it.  I've hit 2 deer in the last 3 years.  The first one I was in a huge pickup and only dented the bumper, but the last one did alot of damage, but none of us were hurt thankfully. I drive alot slower at night now.  I'm relieved she's ok, that car can be replaced.  I hope now you all can resolve your issues.

Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 02/12/2006 03:07:18 »
Me Too. The damage was horrid when you think it was a deer! MAn Unbelievable!.. Thanks Carolyn..

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 02/12/2006 03:33:53 »
I ran a cat over and two bunnies once.....
...the only damage to my car was just some mush !!

....oh ..and I once found a sparrow barbecuing on my car radiator too !!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 02/12/2006 03:37:09 »
Yeah I have run over a dog, hit a bird , which was then plastereed into my gril, and Last year coming back from the college, I hit a fox on the highway! Poor creatures..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 02/12/2006 03:41:41 »
Sir Winter is definitely here! It is freezing in this house! I really want to get gas heat.. I hate being cold!!  I like it when it is just right. Not hot, but comfortable enough to not have to wear long Johns all the time! I am wearing right now my Bra, my shirt, my sweater, my hooded sweatshirt and am wrapped in a blanket with a fire in the other room! I am still freezing!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 02/12/2006 03:43:30 »
What ewe need is an electric blanket Karen Mam...

...that'll warm ewe up good and proper !!!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 02/12/2006 03:45:46 »
I have one for my bed, but in here I need one your right it would be toasty! I love electric heat!!! My teeth are chattering.. and its warmer tonight then it was three nights ago!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 02/12/2006 03:48:45 »
I have one for my bed, but in here I need one your right it would be toasty! I love electric heat!!! My teeth are chattering.. and its warmer tonight then it was three nights ago!

Time to treat yourself to an extra christmas pressy then mam...then ewe can enjoy warm bed AND warm computer room love.......cos we can't have ewe tuning into a karenpopsicle now can we ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 02/12/2006 03:51:30 »
NO thats not a bad Idea Sir.. I should see about finding something like that that will plug in and wrap meself up all snug as a bug in a rug!and be in heaven in here!! YAYYYYYYY! Jolly good Idea!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 02/12/2006 03:55:47 »
 I wonder if they make things that have arm holes and can wrap around youand plug in. Seems like I have seen something like that somewhere!

Hey Sir Did you ever find your fizzy drink machine, I had no luck finding anything like that!

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 02/12/2006 04:55:19 »
LOL  Karen, you are making me freezzeeee...lol  You need some body heat...hehe  that should do the trick...I have an electric blankey on my bed...and don't want to leave home without it...oh, but it was only 29F  or -2C...lol today was in the 50's...didn't need much more than my denim jacket...
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 02/12/2006 05:04:15 »
MY Blankies on me bed, I am not in bed.. and find my self here all night! Altough the last few nights I layed down in livingroom as norm and was comforted by the lights of me christmas tree!Makes me warmer even in thought!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 02/12/2006 05:34:31 »
MY Blankies on me bed, I am not in bed.. and find my self here all night! Altough the last few nights I layed down in livingroom as norm and was comforted by the lights of me christmas tree!Makes me warmer even in thought!

Of course if the tree falls on you that will keep ewe warm...LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 02/12/2006 05:41:09 »
Yes, If you say so.. I am just cold blooded and have a slow low thyroid.. I am always cold... except when I am Hot , and I can get very very hot! LOL
« Last Edit: 02/12/2006 05:55:08 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02/12/2006 06:12:36 »
Yes, If you say so.. I am just cold blooded and have a slow low thyroid.. I am always cold... except when I am Hot , and I can get very very hot! LOL

Wooooooo !!!..careful mam...ewe might spontaneously combust.... [;)]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 02/12/2006 06:18:18 »
You better be careful sheepy.. I might have an appetite for Honey glazed sheep!YUMMMMMMM!! LOL
« Last Edit: 02/12/2006 06:21:57 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 02/12/2006 06:33:56 »
Uh Oh !!..me be careful and tread lightly....Though me sure me would make a tasty treat !!!..actually...me suppose me better try to get some sleep...6:30am *le sigh*

morning mam.....night mam

hugs and shmishes

N

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 02/12/2006 07:03:12 »
Good morning Sir, Good night Sir, And I am sure you would.. And yes you best tread lightly, cause if I see you sneaking around you be in serious Jeopardy kind Sir! Sleep well...My Friend! Hugs

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 02/12/2006 12:57:12 »
Oh my gawd, have just logged on and seen about your daughter Karen. How is she? How are you? So sorry I wasn't there for you!!!
Gaia  xxx

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." Anon.

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 02/12/2006 12:58:18 »
Sir Winter is definitely here! It is freezing in this house! I really want to get gas heat.. I hate being cold!!  I like it when it is just right. Not hot, but comfortable enough to not have to wear long Johns all the time! I am wearing right now my Bra, my shirt, my sweater, my hooded sweatshirt and am wrapped in a blanket with a fire in the other room! I am still freezing!

Some knickers, trousers and socks, and even longjohns, might help  [::)]
Gaia  xxx

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." Anon.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 02/12/2006 15:46:12 »
Hi Gaia, It was a very shocking thing.. She is alright.. after much nerve racking waiting I am happy to say she is absolutely perfectly fine. The car was totaled and this morning later I am going to take a few pictures of the car and post them here.. You wouldn't believe the damage on the car! I can't believe it myself.. I have never hit anything that big! She was traveling 70 miles an hour! THank you for your concern.. we all made it through... For me THank goodness for this Forum!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 02/12/2006 15:50:29 »
I have and use all of the above to stay warm... Takes forever to get this hose warmed up it's a constant chore in the winter.. The house has Zero Insulation.. I have tried to get hubby to help put some in but no good. he won't do it. I will have to buy some and climb up into the attic and do it myself! Joy!!

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 02/12/2006 16:15:30 »
I have and use all of the above to stay warm... Takes forever to get this hose warmed up it's a constant chore in the winter.. The house has Zero Insulation.. I have tried to get hubby to help put some in but no good. he won't do it. I will have to buy some and climb up into the attic and do it myself! Joy!!

'twas a throwaway comment to raise a wry smile.

Insulation is a must. Also, do you use 'window quilts? Something I read about from some of your compatriots on another site.
http://www.manytracks.com/Homesteading/winquilt.htm
« Last Edit: 02/12/2006 16:22:36 by Gaia »
Gaia  xxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 02/12/2006 16:55:08 »
 Oh Yeah... Old docs at it again.. LOL I have thought about stiching some very insulated window quilts, Using some nice fabric of course but have been two lazy and not enough time as of late!

Offline Gaia

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 02/12/2006 17:12:14 »
How about old duvets/sleeping bags? Maybe you can get some from Freecycle :>) Have you looked at the website yet?
Gaia  xxx

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 02/12/2006 17:30:56 »
I havent but I did store it in my favorite places and book marked it to do so! I will later today as it seems like a great site!

I hate having misc. things on my windows, I would have to make them all match as it is a bit of a naggy thing with me. I want my curtains to match! I just spenta bit over two hundred dollars per window to buy new window coverings.. I am very interested in making something to go behind them to provide warmth and help retain heat in the room!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 02/12/2006 20:58:07 »
Where is the DAN MAN ?

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 02/12/2006 21:24:11 »
He had Friday Off work , I think he had some pland with his mates! Neil those pics are on third picture a few more minutes and they should be done!4 pictures take 20 minutes to insert in my mail via aol! nuts! Well Norton was busy , I guess thats why me piccy's are taking so bloody long! Norton was updating!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 03/12/2006 02:50:36 »
Posting piccys for you in a minute karen..I have to reduce the size

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 03/12/2006 02:53:50 »
SARAHS CAR !!

[attachment=58]

[attachment=59]

[attachment=60]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 03/12/2006 03:07:12 »
Thanks Neil, I need to learn how to do that! It takes forever to send pics as I think they are so big! Could that be why it takes so long to send or is that just my slow aol. I can't get them to send through the new server as well. more steps involved. Neil sorry I had to hit you up for help on your Saterday, they could have waited until later. Thanks though! Isn't that crazy that a buck can do so much damage!! She said he leaped onto the hiway, turned head int her lights and she hit him that fast.. She said she had time to grip the wheel and start to hit the brake, then she hit him!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 03/12/2006 05:43:16 »
It's my pleasure mam to post them for yewe

Of course, ewe now have an easy facility right here on the site to upload piccys yourself.
Did ewe know that ?..

The pictures were too large for the site and so I just needed to cut them down a bit.

I can imagine it would take a while for ewe to send them as you still have a dial up don't ewe Mam ?

Amazing that the buck can do so much damage but I suppose the when you combine the speed of the car and the buck..that it just makes an almighty thwack !!!

I assume the buck died immediately !!!..ewe should have brought it home and cooked it !!

Just such a relief that Sarah is fine...how is she now ?