Anyone know what this is?

• 3 Replies

Anyone know what this is?
« on: 23/11/2015 00:59:13 »
Every house has these. I don't know if it's hair or carpet fibers or whatever, but they consistently form in the area of homes where carpet meets wall.
« Last Edit: 23/11/2015 01:03:46 by Pseudoscience-is-malarkey »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know what this is?
« Reply #1 on: 23/11/2015 09:35:25 »
Possibly spiked carpet-fitting tool puncturing rubber-backing, allowing dampness to seep through ?

Alternatively the marks may correspond with blobs of glue to hold the carpet in position.
« Last Edit: 23/11/2015 09:52:45 by RD »

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24/11/2015 15:26:37 »
Possibly spiked carpet-fitting tool puncturing rubber-backing, allowing dampness to seep through ?

Alternatively the marks may correspond with blobs of glue to hold the carpet in position.
Tv
Every house has these. I don't know if it's hair or carpet fibers or whatever, but they consistently form in the area of homes where carpet meets wall.

I have never seen anything like that but when blown up it looks like a stain from the heel of a shoe...or something..It doesn't look furry or fuzzy or I would say a dust bunny made up of rug fibers formed from foot traffic path but has tumbled around and somehow collected up on the wall like a lonely dust bunny....

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24/11/2015 15:30:17 »
IT DOES LOOK LIKE 2 MOULDY SPOTS TO ME...!

Don may be right about moistue...

BY THE WAY THOSE AWFUL OLD RUG STRETCHERS

WERE REAL KNEE BRUISERS!!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."