WHY DO PEOPLE CRY WHEN THEY ARE SAD, VERSA'S WHEN THEY ARE HAPPY ALSO?

• 15 Replies

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
ALSO HOW DO THOSE FEELINGS OR EMOTIONS TRIGGER THE TEAR DUCTS..? I AM A HIGHLY EMOTIONAL GIRL, AND CRY OVER ALMOST ANYTHING. AT TIMES LATELY, I CRY OVER EVERTHING..AND NOTHING AT ALL. I AM 46 AND MY DOCTOR SAID IT IS NOT MY AGE OR FEMALE PROBLEMS YET!! SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO THE MECHANICS OF EMOTIONS VERSA'S TEARS! IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.. I SEEM TO BE A GREAT BIG BAG OF TEARS, WEATHER I AM HAPPY, OR SAD OR IN BETWEEN.. WHY?

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Get a 2nd opinion as you are of age for the "change" to begin...get yourself tested with protes/estrog levels...cheer up!
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I have already had several opinions.. The doctor ran tests its not the change.. anyway.. I just want to know the mechanics behing emotions and tears. I did find a previous thread about 48 pages back but as for the emotional triggers that produce tears I just don't get it still!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
bless your heart....
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
I think people are made up differently in that respect and some are more emotional than others...hugs
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Yep probably so. Are there brain endorphins or something which kick in  to cause the tears?

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Oh - I'm emotional like that too!  It ticks me off!  I hate it when I start crying.  Ughh.
Carolyn

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
i don't right now...I am 43...so know it could happen
"Just Me, Lo" Loretta

Offline eric l

• View Profile
Makes me think about a song I once learned (supposed to be sung by an old man).  I translate :  "... you laugh about the misery you've known, and you cry (weep ?) over the good things..."
"Wonder is no wonder" (Simon Stevin 1548-1620)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
That sounds familiar.....

Offline gecko

• View Profile
i just cry if i feel any very extreme emotion. 9/10 times its because im really angry. which is embarrasing if youre yelling at somebody and totally serious.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Just thoughts send me off. I very rarely if ever yell.But cry when frustrated too! Mostly matters of the heart like many people, lately just everything in life.. no reasons necessary!

Offline ChaoticBliss

• ...word...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Gallery:
Hey

Um, I think it doesn't have to do with specific emotion, just the brain feeling overwhelmed. It is a reaction, I think, just to an overwhelming rush of stimuli.

ChaoticBliss
...Casually seize the dog...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Well Thats a interesting thought.. there has been tons of stimuli! Possibility!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Hmm.. Maybe you're just so warm-hearted and kind.. These emotional stimulus' may happen [:P]
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
I wish I really knew cause sometimes I think I am loosing my mind!!!Good example here! I go to work.. teary.. suck it up!! start working good destraction.. start puting place mats on floor for kids cicle time start crying..why... wh o the heck knows.. open window for air blow nose wipe face.. call children in sing songs, they sound so cute and are trying so hard, tears again I fake a cough to wipe my eyes.on my sleeves, try to keep singing.. smile really big at each child.. dismiss circle after explanation of projects .walk around with kleenex so I can catch the drips befor e they slide down my face.. I feel like a dandg water faucet! walk around the back of play structure to wipe awy tears.. what the heck is that about.. I am crazy, Yes?  LOL everything and nothing even simple happiness makes me cry! LOL Who the heck said crying was good for ya!!!
« Last Edit: 12/04/2007 06:10:30 by Karen W. »