Designer Babies!

• 2 Replies

paul.fr

Designer Babies!
« on: 23/02/2007 07:53:49 »
OK, a single, attractive and well educated woman selects a similar male to donate his sperm. Is artificially inseminated and goes on to give birth to a child.

Does this give any "guarantee" that she will have the attractive, intelligent child she wanted?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Designer Babies!
« Reply #1 on: 01/03/2007 08:43:07 »
I think there are no gaurantees, But I have never seen an unattractive person. Frankly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Intelligence now that just depends on what you mean? Humans are intelligent, but as to booksmart I guess that depends on societies roll in education as well as parents ability to teach said child in a manner to peak his interest to want to learn and question the world around him or herself! I think their are many factors to the question and many if's and and's!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Designer Babies!
« Reply #2 on: 01/03/2007 08:48:13 »
OK, a single, attractive and well educated woman selects a similar male to donate his sperm. Is artificially inseminated and goes on to give birth to a child.

Does this give any "guarantee" that she will have the attractive, intelligent child she wanted?

I wonder if that is why she really picked the Donner in the first place..??? It did not state those were her reasons for picking the father. LOL I am being facetious.. sorry! LOL

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."