0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
As for a link...do any mods mind if i post a link that is associated with another forum, all be it indirectly?
Why are we discouraged from feeding chocolate to dogs? It's said to be toxic in some way, but how?Chris
Quote from: paul.fr on 02/03/2007 06:12:59As for a link...do any mods mind if i post a link that is associated with another forum, all be it indirectly?If it is pertinent and in context - no problem at all.
I shall have to thank Dr Karl for that answer when I see him in April! He has kindly offered to let me stay with him in Sydney when I'm there next month...so should I take him some chocolate as a gift, given that it's so toxic?!Another interesting "toxic" food is potato. Our favourite King Edwards and Maris Pipers are members of the family solanaceae and contain the neurotoxin solanine, 200-400 mg of which is a fatal dose. That means that were you able to scoff down 5kg of potatoes it wouldn't be indigestion that killed you! And, ironically, the toxin is most concentrated in the skin, which is the part that we're always told to eat "because it's good for you". True as it may be in some senses, it's also the part of the tuber that's worst for you!
..so should I take him some chocolate as a gift, given that it's so toxic?!