Hot drinks & poo

• 12 Replies

Offline DoctorBeaver

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« on: 30/03/2007 08:39:06 »
I feel the first stirrings in my bowels indicating that sometime in the next half hour or so I'll need a poo. But if I have a hot cup of tea or coffee I need to go within a few minutes. Why is that?
Fledgling science site at http://www.sciencefile.org/SF/content/view/54/98/ needs members and original articles. If you can help, please join.

paul.fr

Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #1 on: 30/03/2007 09:50:28 »
Ma y be wrong, but i think coffee is a mild colonic and and such may/will help with your, erm...movement. You can also get coffee enema's! I would guess tea is the same as it contains caffeine.

Caffeine also has a mild diuretic effect, increasing your urine production

Smokers may also experience this, often you will need to go to the toilet not long after your first morning cigarette, although i am not sure as to why.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #2 on: 31/03/2007 20:35:38 »
I have a small allergy to caffiene so limit it. I can drink coffee and such without the worry of lack of sleep, but it givesw me hives, and sends me to the loo also within minutes for both!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #3 on: 14/04/2007 10:31:40 »
gastrorectal reflex

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #4 on: 14/04/2007 14:14:48 »
Calescent Condiments are the oppressors of the digestive tract..this is fact......when imbibed they seek out intestine contents for bully and traumatizing fun. It is then no wonder that a mass exodus...ie: an emergency evacuation is ordered and all intestinal traffic is  ' passed through ' with alacrity and zeal.

Measures have been taken to protect the innocents here, committees have been set up to construct strategies...it is indeed an ongoing Bowel Movement !

This is true.
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #5 on: 15/04/2007 08:57:43 »
LOL...HEE HEE hee

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #6 on: 16/04/2007 08:50:59 »
Calescent Condiments are the oppressors of the digestive tract..this is fact......when imbibed they seek out intestine contents for bully and traumatizing fun. It is then no wonder that a mass exodus...ie: an emergency evacuation is ordered and all intestinal traffic is  ' passed through ' with alacrity and zeal.

Measures have been taken to protect the innocents here, committees have been set up to construct strategies...it is indeed an ongoing Bowel Movement !

This is true.

Matron! Neil needs his medication!  [:D]
Fledgling science site at http://www.sciencefile.org/SF/content/view/54/98/ needs members and original articles. If you can help, please join.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #7 on: 16/04/2007 15:21:56 »
Nah.. It's something permanent. [:o]
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #8 on: 17/04/2007 09:11:38 »
Nah.. It's something permanent. [:o]

Yes, he's on it permanently

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #9 on: 17/04/2007 09:14:16 »
Deary dear! [:o] Some kind of surgery in his brain might help? [;)]
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline DoctorBeaver

• View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #10 on: 17/04/2007 13:46:27 »
Been done. It didn't work. He spent the next 3 months sitting in a bath of cold custard shouting "The vegetables are coming! The vegetables are coming!"

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #11 on: 17/04/2007 14:16:56 »
Been done. It didn't work. He spent the next 3 months sitting in a bath of cold custard shouting "The vegetables are coming! The vegetables are coming!"

Erhmm...if ewe recall, I merely took your place. And you were not quick to advise me that there were in fact vegetables already  running amok in the custard bath....I discovered quite a traumatized Parsnip with the tell-tell signs of Castor teeth marks and who knows where else it had been ?...it was warm !!......the poor thing is still undergoing therapy....This vegetable is in danger of becoming a sentient state !!
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Hot drinks & poo
« Reply #12 on: 17/04/2007 14:39:13 »
LOL [;D]