• 101 Replies

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« on: 22/04/2007 20:54:06 »
Here is one I do while on line with you all! LOL

Sorry the top on Armoire is bent, I stored it in a box and have not flattened the top back out again.. It is doll house furniture I make with plastic canvas. This is part of the bedroom suit! All drawers and closets work and are operational as well as being equipted with mirrors for the dolls and kids of course. LOL I think they are fun to do and the stitching keeps my hands busy when I am nervous or bored. LOL I hope you can see the stiching I am lousy at photography! I have 1 or to more to upload..

YOU JUST HAD THE Image tags wrong...me has fixed it !

« Last Edit: 23/04/2007 01:15:31 by Karen W. »

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #1 on: 22/04/2007 20:58:19 »
Wonderful work Karen Mam...and EXCELLENT photos too !!

How long does it take you to do a piece ?...the wardrobe for instance ! ?

..and then what do you do with them once completed ! ?

They look amazing !
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #2 on: 22/04/2007 21:43:04 »
The whole set took me a few weeks,about three I think! As I was on the computer alot at the time.there are three more pieces to this set, if I take the picture will you put it in my post as photo bucket is messing up. I will send it right away if you will? Pretty please I have tried to load them several times to no avail.

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #3 on: 22/04/2007 21:47:28 »
Hi Karen. I can help you with that .[;)]

They look amazing by the way! I love it!
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #4 on: 22/04/2007 21:53:25 »
Oh, by the way. Just email it to me or something [;)]
They say that when you die, your life flashes in front of you. Make it worth watching!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #5 on: 22/04/2007 21:58:06 »
I have made several sets for parents for gifts ect. This set in particular I made for me baby girl and couldnt throw it out.. LOL she doesn't like it now but when she was Sophie's and and Charlotte's age she loved them. I also have patterns for whole living room set, as well as kitchen, and bathroom. They are quite complicated but they are fun.. I haven't done a lot the last few months things have been hectic.. they are really interesting pieces though!
« Last Edit: 22/04/2007 22:34:43 by Karen W. »

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #6 on: 22/04/2007 21:59:09 »
Ooo. Can you send them to me via email or something? I'll upload it on photobucket and give you the link [;)] Send it to seanahnuk@gmail.com [;)]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #7 on: 22/04/2007 22:16:30 »
I am sending one and have 1 more. I don't know which is a better shot!It takes a bit for my modem!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #8 on: 22/04/2007 22:18:26 »
Lol. Ya can sends both [;)]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #9 on: 22/04/2007 22:36:00 »
Did you get them?

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #10 on: 22/04/2007 22:39:08 »
Did you get them?

Erhhmm..I'm a bit late but I if you want me to do it then I will...at least I can add them directly into your posts !!..but me is happy for the wonderkid to deal with it !!

Offline benep

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #11 on: 22/04/2007 22:39:43 »
very nice karen mam 
to be a legend yourself , the legend needs to be you

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #12 on: 22/04/2007 22:42:13 »
Hmm.. No, I didn't get them.. Weird...

Offline benep

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #13 on: 22/04/2007 22:43:22 »
weird i cant post new topics >.> how come?
to be a legend yourself , the legend needs to be you

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #14 on: 22/04/2007 22:46:43 »
Hmm.. I think I can. Let me try [;)]

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #15 on: 22/04/2007 22:52:36 »
It works fine for me.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #16 on: 22/04/2007 22:56:05 »
Did you get them?

Erhhmm..I'm a bit late but I if you want me to do it then I will...at least I can add them directly into your posts !!..but me is happy for the wonderkid to deal with it !!

Thanks Neil.. Lets see if he has it.. if not he can zip them to you for me Ok Seany then he can add them to the original post!

very nice karen mam 

Thanks to you too Sir Ben...
« Last Edit: 27/04/2007 03:37:47 by Karen W. »

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #17 on: 22/04/2007 22:58:35 »
OK. I got it. Unzipped it, and is now loading onto Photobucket. [;)] Karen, I'll send you the link to it, and you can post it. I'll then delete my post on what link [:P]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #18 on: 22/04/2007 22:59:38 »
Hmm.. No, I didn't get them.. Weird...

Thanks  Ben !

weird i cant post new topics >.> how come?

Are you on the opening page of just chat? Not this page!
« Last Edit: 22/04/2007 23:01:22 by Karen W. »

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #19 on: 22/04/2007 23:38:42 »
Lol Neil! I left it like that so that Karen could copy and paste the link.. So that I wouldn't post it for her, and she would post it herself with her name written by it!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #20 on: 22/04/2007 23:40:14 »
Lol Neil! I left it like that so that Karen could copy and paste the link.. So that I wouldn't post it for her, and she would post it herself with her name written by it!

LOL..no worries my Marmite crust luffing chummy chum !!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #21 on: 22/04/2007 23:41:12 »
Did you understand what I just said?

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #22 on: 22/04/2007 23:42:44 »
YOU JUST HAD THE Image tags wrong...me has fixed it !

Hi Karen! I didn't have the tags wrong, I left it like that on purpose, so that you could copy and paste the tags, rather than me posting it for you! It'd look weird if my name "Seany" was written next to YOUR picture! [;D] But I see that you have put it at the top now. I deleted it [;)]

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #23 on: 23/04/2007 00:17:55 »
Neil Fixed it. I did cut and paste but something did not work.. sorry Seany..BTW That was a quote by Neily not me. I did not write that!

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #24 on: 23/04/2007 00:19:50 »
Oh lol. When I wrote the tags btw.. I left gaps in between the [ img ], so that it wouldn't turn into a pic!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #25 on: 23/04/2007 01:18:01 »
Oh so that is what was wrong..LOL I don't know things like that!

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #26 on: 23/04/2007 01:21:57 »
Nice pics Karen.  Wish I had the patience for that.
Carolyn

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #27 on: 23/04/2007 02:34:47 »
If I had to say what my hobby is then I would probably say buying cds and listening to music.....amongst others..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #28 on: 23/04/2007 02:36:55 »
Nice pics Karen.  Wish I had the patience for that.

Thanks Carolyn.. It is a fun Hobby!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #29 on: 23/04/2007 02:40:17 »
If I had to say what my hobby is then I would probably say buying Cd's and listening to music.....amongst others..

Yes That is what I would say for you too.. you know more band names and singer groups names then I can shake a stick at It amazes me. I am lucky to recall the songs.. I mostly recall content of songs not titles or singers..LOL But I love music.. you LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LUFFFFFFFFF music...!!!!!! LOL It is very cool Hobby! LOL
« Last Edit: 27/04/2007 03:39:33 by Karen W. »

Offline Ben6789

• And then there were none.
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #30 on: 23/04/2007 13:03:32 »
Probably playin video games and making a story out of everything.
Life is like a video game, always trying to win. To bad it's impossible to beat Death's high score.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #31 on: 23/04/2007 16:35:16 »
Playing drums in rock band, soccer, basketball, snowmobiling, and haning out with g/f
LCPL Hart USMC 6400 I Level Avionics

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #32 on: 23/04/2007 16:36:59 »
hanging not haning. Big difference. *sniggers*

I'm impressed..at my age not many b/f, g/f relationships last long. Some three weeks, some three days (believe it or not!)

But anthony's lasted three months. Very impressive!
Life is like a video game, always trying to win. To bad it's impossible to beat Death's high score.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #33 on: 23/04/2007 16:40:54 »
Probably playin video games and making a story out of everything.

That is a fun Hobby..Stories are fun. Do you try to keep records of your writings..?

I love telling the kids stories off the top of my head before they go to slep at rest.. It is quite fulfilling as it is there main request.. they pick where they want me to take them in the story I loow for three of characters of their choosing, else I loose track of who's who.. LOL They love it! and they go right to sleep! LOL

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #34 on: 23/04/2007 16:42:39 »
Playing drums in rock band, soccer, basketball, snowmobiling, and haning out with g/f

These are all pretty active Hobbies you sound very busy all the time.

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #35 on: 23/04/2007 16:44:20 »

That is a fun Hobby..Stories are fun. Do you try to keep records of your writings..?

I love telling the kids stories off the top of my head before they go to slep at rest.. It is quite fulfilling as it is there main request.. they pick where they want me to take them in the story I loow for three of characters of their choosing, else I loose track of who's who.. LOL They love it! and they go right to sleep! LOL

I bet your a good story teller.

And no I don't. I tried to write a book once, but I realized it sucked and gave up..

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #36 on: 23/04/2007 16:55:15 »
lol i remember that every study hall u wasted on that stupid thing lol I GOT 2 B IN IT 2!!!yay

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #37 on: 23/04/2007 16:55:28 »
hanging not haning. Big difference. *sniggers*

I'm impressed..at my age not many b/f, g/f relationships last long. Some three weeks, some three days (believe it or not!)

But anthony's lasted three months. Very impressive!

thx man

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #38 on: 24/04/2007 06:31:21 »

I bet your a good story teller.

And no I don't. I tried to write a book once, but I realized it sucked and gave up..

Not a good story teller but the kiddos don't care as long as there are magic sprinkles surprises witches ghosts silly ness, LOL I never have scary stories, They ask for them and I tell them what to me would be scary, or something they love is to turn on our flame lamp and make smores around the fire and tell stores that they can add to and participate in with all the lights off and blinds darkened we pass around the marshmellow the chocolate bars the sticks and lastly the graham crackers, then I start a story that begins high in the mountains far away from all of the city and houses ..LOL deep in the darkest part of the forest all of us went camping.. we took our..the next child adds then the next child then I continue and they add and I add and soon we are eating our smores and hear a strange rustling coming from the bushes behind....so and so.. LOL he or she jumps up and squeels... then I say oh my word its a giant bear!!!! Then the kids hollor ..LOL then I say Hi bear stop scaring my friends...LOL then one of the kids offer the bear a smore..LOL and the bear say s growlllll....why thank you I am starved.....LOL I don't believe in hurting anyone or anything in the story there is no eath or killing or hitting,,LOL but we have potions magic sprinkles that turn angry bears into charming princes or handsome toads ..LOL You never know what story lies around the corner....LOL After all they are only 3 to 5 years old! LOL It does not take much to entertain them... add some spiders snakes and thats plenty of excitement for little ones..LOL I have had a few who wanted to twell me stories of blood and gore slashings and freddy crugger kind of things...LOL.. Yuck.. what they watch these days at that age would surprise ya..!

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #39 on: 24/04/2007 13:22:10 »
lol i remember that every study hall u wasted on that stupid thing lol I GOT 2 B IN IT 2!!!yay

Hey! Just because it wasn't good doesn't mean you can call it stupid! I'd like to see you make a better story! [:(!]

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #40 on: 24/04/2007 13:23:02 »
Wow, Karen. That sounds..great. Magical even.

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #41 on: 24/04/2007 16:19:14 »
lol it did get pretty annoying

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #42 on: 24/04/2007 16:19:59 »
what? my story?

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #43 on: 24/04/2007 16:28:04 »
yea

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #44 on: 24/04/2007 16:29:36 »
How was it annoying?

Offline tony6789

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #45 on: 24/04/2007 16:39:42 »
because ur were always on it

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #46 on: 24/04/2007 16:41:19 »
soooo? when i was writing it you were never on the computer for anything useful! I was carving my dreams!

...and now there crushed anyway..

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #47 on: 24/04/2007 17:36:48 »
Don't give up you are way too young to have your dreams crushed.. Keep carving young man and publish your story.. take it out of mothballs and revise and rethink and re submit it or submit it some where! At least give her a go!!

Offline Ben6789

• View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #48 on: 25/04/2007 13:15:17 »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies?
« Reply #49 on: 25/04/2007 14:49:40 »
because ur were always on it

How long did you too go to school together Tony?