0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Awww, he is a lil' cutie. I just love frogs!How are his lethal toxins delivered? Does he bite you, lick you or pee on you?Also, how long does he have to be in captivity to not be poisonous and how would you know he's safe?
It looks cute... I love frogs.. But I wouldn't fancy a red one!!I think you need to be more than touched to be poisoned...?And if the diet is changed.. It should, lose its toxicity.. Like you said above, the frogs in captivity are not poisonous..My question is though.. What sort of insects do they eat, which has those high levels of alkaloids?
Cute isn't it ?......did you know that frogs like this harbor some of the most lethal toxins known to humanity...one tiny drop could kill 80 people !
..but did you know also this ?...that these frogs in captivity are NOT poisonous !!...In the wild they accumulate their toxicity due to their diet which is chiefly insects containing alkaloids !
I have a couple of questions.Is their toxicity ever increasing the more that they eat ?..getting more and more toxic with each toxic making meal ?
If their diet was changed would their toxicity diminish ?