The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2  (Read 368081 times)

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
Re: Zetacap and General weight loss - 2
« Reply #350 on: 06/11/2006 15:11:38 »
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!  Mine started out terrible.  I woked up about 10 min. late which got the kids up 10 min. late and my son had some homework to fix in Math (I didn't check it until after he was in bed last night - my mistake).  So we were really running late and I take them to school because it is only 3 mi. down the road from us.  So needless to say - we were hustling.  My son started getting kind of mouthy saying that we are late because I didn't check his homework sooner (which actually he was right - because he set it out for me at suppertime) and I got mad because he shouldn't be talking to me like that (he's 10) so I yelled at him and when I dropped them off - he looked so sad.  He did say by and that he loved me but I can't get out of my mind how sad he looked.  I now feel so bad for what I said to him - because I handled it wrong.  He should not talk to me how he did but I should not have yelled like I did - especially when I knew he was right - if I would have check it last night he would have fixed it before bed and we wouldn't have had a bad morning.  So now I'm sure he is laughing and fine at school and I will be thinking about it all day long!!!  Kids make you feel so much guilt don't they???

Anyway - thank you to everyone for sharing your weather with me.  I always wonder what it is like in other locations.  One of my sisters lives in New Zealand and their seasons are the exact opposite of ours.  Right now we are in fall and she is in Spring.  I just think that is so neat.

Carolyn:  Where are you from again?  I don't remember but it must be nice to have temps in the 70's.  I still have so much I need to do outside that needs warmer weather and we won't get warmer anymore. :(

Josefina:  What are your normal temps for this time of year in Portugal?  Do you have a change of seasons?

Jody:  Where in Southern Wisconsin do you live?  Joy was from Wisconsin also!  I have been to Platteville, WI (sp?) a long time ago.  We had friends who got married and lived up there while the guy was going to college there.  We would take weekend getaways and stay with them.  It is right by the Iowa border I believe because we used to go into Iowa too.  It was a lot of fun.  Also - you made me laugh with the fireplace in cubicle thing!  That was cute!  We have a fireplace and I have been bugging my husband to get it ready - we have a gas starter and the pipe is shot so he needs to make a new one.  We usually have to replace it every year along with the grate that holds the wood because we burn so much.  Last year we basically heated our house through the fireplace but we are scaling back this year because it is so messy.  It has been cold enough on days here in Central IL that I have really missed it!

Karen:  It is so weird that you have frost and low temps in CA - I guess I figured you were really warm all year around!  Also - what a nice picture of you.  You look beautiful in that dress.  I can really see a difference - you have done great - and now your in the home stretch.

Sandballer:  Welcome to the forum!  We are here to support you.

Joy:  How are you?  I miss ya!

Well I guess, I'd better go - I have lots of work to do.  Mondays are the worst because I have to play catch up from the weekend!

Take Care!

Kelly

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 06/11/2006 15:13:37 »
MONDAY MORNING WEIGH IN!!!!

Kelly:  11 lbs. (lost 3 this week!!!)

I almost forgot to post this.  It was a good week!  I have 51 lbs. to go.

Offline JOSEFINA

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 06/11/2006 15:49:49 »
Hi Kelly,
congratulations! You are doing good! Yes, we do have a change of seasons, right now we're in the fall. Temperatures have been higher than usual though. We don't get any snow in the winter, almost any spring now and very hot summers! Today the temp. is 18c.
Have a good week everybody!
Josefina

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 06/11/2006 20:55:30 »
Good afternoon, Sweeties!  I did NOT have the nerve to get on the scale this morning.   :(  I ran out of fentermine last week, and it took until Saturday for me to get anything else.  I had to settle for "Herbal Fentermine" due to problems with internet companies.  The first one from which I ordered prescription fentermine called my regular doctor to approve the order, which she promptly refused.  Honestly, if my doctor would write the prescription, why would I be paying a premium to get it on-line?  Idiots...   ::)  The second place I ordered from had their own doctor to approve the prescription, but were having "shipping issues" and didn't know when the order would actually get filled.  So now I'm working with the herbal stuff.  The jury is still out, but it's only been 2 days.

Kelly - I live in Racine, Wisconsin, which is right on the Lake, just a few miles north of the Illinois/Wisconsin border.  Where are you?

(BTW, I know I'm not spelling "fentermine" correctly, but it's the only way I can avoid that "black-listed URL" message.  Weird, huh?)

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #354 on: 06/11/2006 23:57:51 »
The scales runaway from me when they see me coming...i think it is hiding in my closet

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 07/11/2006 15:02:32 »
Josefina:  Thank you for your kind words and you have the change of seasons at the same time as we do it sounds like.  Our temps are also around yours with 55F being an average temp in IL right now.  In the summer we get into the 90F's.  In the winter - we used to get a lot of snow but now we don't get as much.  We used to have blizzards which we really don't get anymore.  I like winter when there is snow - it really makes it pretty.  I don't like winter when it is cold and dreary everyday - which is how it has been here lately.  No color because all of the trees lost their leaves.  We have a lot of farm ground in IL - a lot of flat land - which has now all been harvested so we really lack color.  Just dark tones.  I can't wait for either snow or Spring!! :)

Jody:  I actually live out in the country - on top of a hill - with the nearest house being about a mile down the road.  Our nearest "towns" are actually villages.  They only have anywhere from 200-500 people! The nearest city would be Peru, IL.  I live kind of in between Chicago and Peoria with Peoria being closer to me.  It would take about 3 hrs. for me to get to Chicago and an hour to get to Peoria.  I've heard of Racine - I don't know if I've ever been through there though.  I'll have to look on a map!  The school that my kids attend is a consolidated one with all of the small "villages" in our county combined.  There are usually 3 classrooms per grade with about 25 kids/class.  So there are about 75 kids in each grade.  Kind of sounds like we are out in the middle of nowhere - doesn't it?  Come to think of it, the county I live in doesn't have any stop lights at all!  There are only stop signs!!  It's great because you get to places so much quicker than in "town"!  I love living out here though - I wouldn't trade it for anything.  We do put a lot of miles on our vehicles though.

Is anyone watching "The Biggest Loser"?  I just caught up on last week's episode and was so mad that Pam got voted off!  She was my favorite of the girls.  I cannot believe how much weight they lose and how quickly.  It surprises me because a doctor supervises them and you would think that they are losing so fast that they would have a lot of excess skin to deal with.

I have recently tried silken (soft) tofu in a smoothie.  I had heard that tofu takes on whatever flavors it is put with and that you cannot even tell it is in something.  My daughter is basically a vegetarian and I am always trying to get more protein in her so I made a Strawberry Banana Tofu Smoothie.  It has strawberries, a banana, tofu, apple juice, nonfat plain yogurt, I put splenda in it instead of honey and I added some frozed peaches along with ice.  It was delicious and low in calories too.  It is also really filling.  All of us loved it - even my husband!  I have a recipe for Alfredo sauce made with soft tofu that I am going to try - it really knocks out the fat and cals.  I was wondering if anyone has tried the firm tofu and what it is like?  I think I read that you can cut it into chunks and add it to dishes.  Does it take on the flavor also or what does it taste like?

I'm really having a hard time coming up with creative suppers that are low in calories and healthy.  I feel like we eat a lot of chicken.  I buy really lean ground round it is about 95/5 but I don't usually know what to do with it.  Any ideas????

Well, I'd better get started on my work for today! 

Have a Good Week Everyone!!!

Kelly

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 07/11/2006 16:59:15 »
Kelly ~ The area where you live sounds like a fairy-tale.   [:I]  I'd dearly love to live there, but I'm an accountant (corporate, NOT tax) and there isn't much call for accountants in the country.  Since I like eating regularly and living indoors, I guess I'm stuck with "town."  [xx(]  I'm really jealous, though!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 07/11/2006 17:02:45 »
The scales runaway from me when they see me coming...i think it is hiding in my closet

Loretta, you are just TOO much fun!!  ;D

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 07/11/2006 21:00:17 »
Kelly, yes, tofu does take on the taste of many foods...it is a good resource for filling and protein...excellent  idea with the smoothie...I am trying to think of using it in an alfredo sauce...you have to whip that creamy texture smoothly to avoid clumping...hmmmm let me know how it goes...

Thanks Jody...I have weird thoughts that I have to share with all of you...oh, sorry I subject you too..hehe

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 08/11/2006 16:26:39 »
HAppy Wed. Everyone!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 08/11/2006 20:48:55 »
George & Karen - Thanks for the messages regarding the "black listed URL" error message.  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I just found my "personal message center."  (BTW, it says I have 3 messages, but I can only find 2.)  SOOOOOOOOOOO much to learn!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 09/11/2006 05:59:00 »
Jody! Check you outgoing mess. too. You might have inadvertantly sent one to that box, I know I did that once or twice already!LOL befor I even got to read them... HEE HEE HEE!!

Offline Jody

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 09/11/2006 14:25:32 »
Hey!  I just found out some horrible spammer send a bunch of us disgusting e-mails and Dave (aka MR. WONDERFUL!) got rid of all of them before they could pollute our little eyeballs.  WAY TO GO, DAVE!  You get a BIG gold star from me!!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 10/11/2006 16:35:13 »
 Yes indeedy he is working hard to keep the forum clean!! YAYYYYY Dave!

How has everyones week been..?

I am on today to tell you I hit a milestone yesterday! I was able to run  for the first time in many  many years!! It was great! My legs felt lighter and way less awkward.. I am not supposed to run, because of my heart condition.. but I did anyway just because I felt like it!! I was chasing children... The big monster Teacher Karen!!  I am Jazzed that my legs were working so well. Must say my hip joints today are a tad in pain as this old lady is way out of shape! LOL
When I was done, I was not totally winded and was feeling rather exhilerated and not bad at all! Which has been the case any other time I tried this.. I will refrain, but I might do it again If I feel the erge.. baring I don't get into trouble! LOL I am feeling pretty good, I have a cold with achy throat glands, sniffles and was a bit quesy, but it passed I hope! All of us teachers were sick this week. It was a real (LORETTA LOLYou know what I was going to say!)a real rotten time..Everyone puking and feeling crudy!
I hope you all are well. Please have a great weekend and have funnnnnnnn!!!!!!

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 10/11/2006 17:46:10 »
Karen:  That is a wonderful accomplishment.  You should be proud.  Isn't it amazing to see where we start from to where we end up?! ;)  I hope you are feeling better.  That is one major thing I do not miss about teaching pre-school - all of the colds and flu that you end up with!! :D  However, I do really miss teaching little ones and making such a big difference in their lives.

I thought I'd share the tofu alfredo recipe with everyone in case you are interested in it.  I love the smoothie's and will post that recipe next but I'm going to try making this fettucini alfredo recipe tonight for dinner and will let you know how good it is.  I am going to add boneless skinless chicken breast to it and broccoli.  It still is so low in calories and since I don't eat after supper anymore, I usually have a lot of calories left.  Here it is:

Tofu Fettuccini Alfredo

Serves: 4

Replacing cream with tofu makes this decadent pasta dish a welcome addition to any healthy diet.

INGREDIENTS
2 cups fettuccini
12 oz. soft (silken) tofu, drained
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. While the pasta is boiling, place the drained tofu, garlic, both cheeses, olive oil, and onion powder into a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour soy mixture into a saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally. 4. Toss drained pasta with Alfredo sauce.

NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Calories: 268.3
Fat: 12.6 g
Carbohydrates: 23.3 g
Protein: 16.1 g

I hope it tastes good - it sure does sound good!  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I'll look for the smoothie recipe and post that online also.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kelly

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 10/11/2006 17:51:00 »
I just found the smoothie recipe - it is really yummy!

Strawberry-Banana Tofu Smoothie

1 cup apple juice
1 cup frozen vanilla nonfat yogurt, or any flavor of sorbet
6 ounces of soft tofu(half of loaf), drained
3/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
3/4 cup fresh or frozen sliced peaches
1 banana, peeled and broken into chunks
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup ice cubes or more to your liking

Place all ingredients into container of electric blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.

Everyone in my family likes this - even my husband and it is 145 cals for a nice size glass and it is filling.

Take Care!

Kelly

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 11/11/2006 06:03:42 »
Thanks Kelly.. My back is sore I ran some more, but hips are sore too. It will all go away! Thanks..

Mmmm sounds tasty... I have never seen a smothie with tofu! Interesting!

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #367 on: 12/11/2006 09:05:22 »
Wow, I was so lost when I got here. Hello Family! Still working on my weight loss. Everything here still going well, Paul will be home soon. Take care.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 12/11/2006 09:14:41 »
Hi Diana, It's good to hear from you and very glad to hear that paul will be home soon. New forum is great. Takes a little gettting used to. We are all adapting. It will be interesting...Let us know how you are doing.. weigh in is still on Monday morning if you would like to join us again.. I hope your health has been well and that you are doing good!Talk to you soon.

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 12/11/2006 23:51:39 »
Hi Diana!  I will be in Germany in April...woo hoo!  Right in time for my son's birthday...glad to hear you are doing well...Yeahhhhh, Paul will be home soon...how long?

Offline Mysteryfaire

• Only you have the choice to choose what you do.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.poetry.com
« Reply #370 on: 13/11/2006 13:08:10 »
What I can say is "real" soon. I am glad everyone is doing well. Paul and I are going back to the states for the holidays. Thank you all for all your prayers.

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 13/11/2006 22:24:19 »
MONDAY WEIGH-IN

Kelly, 12 lbs. (1 this week)

Total:  12 lbs.

Offline kkeegs

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 13/11/2006 22:33:34 »
Hi Diana!  Glad everything is going well and that you will see Paul soon!

I thought I'd let you all know that the Tofu Fettucini Alfredo was a hit in my house.  At first I thought the sauce tasted different and I wasn't sure how my very picky husband and son would be with it.  My son immediately loved it and my husband liked it.  I thought it was different at first but then I got used to it and thought it was pretty good.  I asked them if they would eat it again and they both said yes so I will keep the recipe.  We have the Tofu smoothies almost every day now.  It is a good way to get my fruits in and to get protein into my daughter because she doesn't eat meat!

It is such a dreary day here - all I have wanted to do since waking up is to go back to bed!!  I still need to get my walking in yet.  I am really fighting myself today though - I just don't feel like it.  I don't know what is wrong with me. 

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend and much success in your week ahead!

Karen:  How you doing on your running?  Take it easy on yourself, okay!!  I'm really proud of you though!

Take care everyone!

Kelly

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 14/11/2006 04:33:58 »
Monday weigh in for me....clothes are still a size 18 and it still saying that I am fat...aagghh!  No scales not sure how to measure...except I am still a size 18.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 14/11/2006 19:08:56 »
MONDAY WEIGH-IN

Kelly, 12 lbs. (1 this week)
Karen, 108Lbs

Total:  120lbs.

Sorry I was late Ladies I forgot to weigh in last night I was floating in a hotub and it slipped my mind!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #374 on: 14/11/2006 19:08:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums