The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Unvieling the mystries.........have a look  (Read 3236 times)

Offline nature.

• First timers
    • View Profile
Unvieling the mystries.........have a look
« on: 09/04/2006 14:51:57 »
Faith came prior to logic during the evolution of mankind. There are certain questions that still remain unanswered in spite of advances in the field of science and technology. These questions have existed since the time humans started understanding their environment.
Different academic disciplines have approached these questions differently resulting in development of different disciplines within the domain of “knowledge”.
Knowledge is based on experiences and experience implies duality. The tussle between seer and seen is manifested on a regular basis when all of us are in sleep. As long as one is asleep, there is no awareness of one’s identity. The moment one wakes up, he finds himself in this world. There is an interdependence between the “I” and the “World”.
Progress of Mathematics as a field of enquiry was halted for more then a century when it encountered the mathematical equation: x2 = -1. It happened because as Einstein said: Solution to a problem lies at a level higher then the one at which problem is created. Mathematics didn’t possess the concept of imaginary numbers and it was stuck because imaginary number as a concept is something alien to human mind.
Same thing happened when Physics discovered the reality of space time. It took scientific mind sufficient time to accept the reality that time and space within themselves doesn’t mean anything and need each other for their existence.
-2-
Physics encountered this dual nature of world at quantum as well at relativistic level. At sub-atomic level, all three wings of reality i.e., Singularity, Duality and Trinity are amply manifested. Initially physics discovered that atoms are the building blocks of this universe and they cannot be divided further. Atom was an end in itself and it could not be assigned as an attribute of something else. Later on it was discovered that it consists of three particles. These particles had two attributes: Matter and charge. The matter that all these particles possessed was similar; it was charge which made them different.
According to science, motion of charge within matter creates energy, similarly motion of soul within body creates this duality of “ I “ and “ World “ which is perceived through the bridge of mind.
Even Mathematics which supposedly gives the most accurate description of this universe has to deal with couple of concepts which struggle for definition. Infinite and zero are concepts which are looking for a definition since their inception. The most logical human endeavor somehow fails to cope up with the concept of infinite.
Reality in essence exists simultaneously at three planes. These planes are like three dimensions of mathematics which make it possible for fourth dimension of consciousness (like time of physics) to manifest itself.
Not only academic fields of enquiry encountered these three aspects of same reality, even religion had to cope up with these three qualities of ONE creator. Hinduism talks about the trinity of Brahma – Vishnu – Mahesh which is not much different from Zero – One – Infinite of Mathematics, Charge – Energy – Matter of Physics and Soul – Mind – Body of living beings.
The concept of Advaita in Hinduism believes in the non-duality of this world. Being non-dual means going beyond the notion of space-time which is the very nature of mind. To realize the answers to deeper questions, going within is probably the right approach and not going outside which is the way of science. Spirituality believes in the notion of a self subsistence reality which is the essence of everything that is manifested. The power that runs this universe is the same power that runs through me.

Please  contact me with u'r feedbacks on atula99@yahoo.com

Offline daveshorts

• Neilep Level Member
  • Physics, Experiments
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaosscience.org.uk
Re: Unvieling the mystries.........have a look
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2006 15:38:56 »
I think this belongs in the new theories section I will move it there tomorrow

Offline Ophiolite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/04/2006 18:17:50 »
I could probably write a book length dissertation dissecting and exposing the illogic and non-evidentiary material in this lenghty post. Fortunately for us all I have neither the time nor the inclination. I shall content myself with a few minor observations. Nature, if you aren't just dropping this into every forum you can find, but actually intend to engage in discussion, then I welcome your responses.
quote:
Originally posted by nature.

Faith came prior to logic during the evolution of mankind.

Please cite your evidence for this. Also comment on the inter-relationship between instinct, faith, experience and logic. (Good definitions for logic and faith would also be welcome.)
quote:
Originally posted by nature.There are certain questions that still remain unanswered in spite of advances in the field of science and technology.

There are many questions that science and technology do not attempt to answer. Your statement strongly implies that a)science attempts to answer all questions b)its failure to do so is a major weakness and limitation of science. Your implicit characterisation of science is thus inaccurate and your consequent deductions based upon this false characterisation are invalid.
quote:
These questions have existed since the time humans started understanding their environment.

Fair enough, but I trust you understand that humans have always understood their environment to a degree. Had they not done so they could not have functioned within it.
quote:
Knowledge is based on experiences and experience implies duality.

I fail to see this implication. You fail to demonstrate it.
quote:
As long as one is asleep, there is no awareness of one’s identity. The moment one wakes up, he finds himself in this world.

I am certainly aware of myself when I am dreaming. I am often more aware of myself when dreaming than at times when I am awake.
quote:
Later on it was discovered that it consists of three particles. These particles had two attributes: Matter and charge.

Considerably more than three particles. Decidedly more than two attributes.

Sadly, I find no logic, little cohesion, no evidence, factual errors, fatuous analogies, and no clear theme to your exposition.

Observe; collate; conjecture; analyse; hypothesise; test; validate; theorise. Repeat until complete.

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/04/2006 00:27:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ophiolite

Sadly, I find no logic, little cohesion, no evidence, factual errors, fatuous analogies, and no clear theme to your exposition.

The Theory is not new. It is part of de Chardin's cosmology and has led to many quantum  physicist to become metaphyisians in order to better understand and gain insight into their field. An example is http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/. Were it not considered to be scientifically pertinent the Veda reference section would not be includeed.

If you have not investigated this theroy - older by 1500 years than Greek science (Indus Valley Civilization, 5000 BCE) - then you have performed no test yourself to contradict his possition. Unless one has experienced the singularity of consciousness, you cannot refute this possition. Singularity of the universe, as propesed by de Chadin and "nature", and modern science ARE NOT inimicable.

You are rejecting without testing an idea. That is not scientific but as Hebert Spencer, who had a better mind than all of us,  said:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Contempt cannot be scientific - only by testing the above can it be argued against. WHAT IS YOUR PROOF OF YOUR ASSERTATION ?  "nature's" assertions are as valid as anyone's unless a person, by personal experience, can refute them. "... test; validate; theorise. Repeat until complete." To ask a question, how much do you personally, know - have read, studied, applied - any eastern philosiphy."

More than half the world believes other than you do.

Quantum physics and string therory both say all the universe(s) is/are a vibration. Vedanta (and Budhhism and Taoism) say the same.

"The problems of language here are really serious. We wish to speak in some way about the structure of the atoms - But we cannot speak about atoms in ordinary language." - Heisenberg

I.E., reality transcends words.

*Ridicule is NOT science.*

The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

Offline ukmicky

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.space-talk.com/
« Reply #4 on: 10/04/2006 03:02:41 »
quote:
You are rejecting without testing an idea.
Hi jimbob

The way i see it.

Nature posted it and so if he wishes for it to be taken seriously he needs to at the same time post some form of experimental evidence showing why it should be taken seriously ,its not down to ophiolite to test,investigate or hunt down anything to disprove it if no evidence has be shown as to why the theory should be given any credence

ophiolite did also write  "Nature, if you aren't just dropping this into every forum you can find, but actually intend to engage in discussion, then I welcome your responses."

Stephen Hawking

"A theory is a good theory if it satisfies two requirements: It must accurately describe a large class of observations on the basis of a model that contains only a few arbitrary elements, and it must make definite predictions about the results of future observations. Any physical theory is always provisional, in the sense that it is only a hypothesis; you can never prove it. No matter how many times the results of experiments agree with some theory, you can never be sure that the next time the result will not contradict the theory. On the other hand, you can disprove a theory by finding even a single repeatable observation that disagrees with the predictions of the theory."

Michael
« Last Edit: 10/04/2006 03:06:35 by ukmicky »

Offline JimBob

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/04/2006 12:27:48 »
Micky,

Now that I am up and not as tired, I see my mistake. I misread the reply. My apologies to all.

I would like to see a discussion - pro and con - of the relationship/interdependence of quantum mechanics and quantum physics to the variuos forms of ancient philosophy.

The mind is like a parachute. It works best when open.  -- A. Einstein

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5 on: 10/04/2006 12:27:48 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums