The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: EMAIL HOAXES AND CHAIN EMAILS  (Read 207189 times)

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
EMAIL HOAXES AND CHAIN EMAILS
« on: 06/09/2006 16:46:07 »
Dear All,

There seems to be a preponderance of scam emails going around and chain emails too.

Please do not be concerned about them. These people are very clever at making you think that they are writing specifically to you...but when you really read the letter it is just clever in it's approach.

They might say...' we have seen your profile '...but have they actually mentioned the site ?...and have they addressed you by your real name other than Dear sir/Madam..Dear One etc etc ?

Please feel free to send me all the emails you get and especially the chain emails which hint that something may go wrong if you do not send it...I just bin them and I am still here after years and years of receiving all this crap...I just laugh at the banality of it all.

So, I offer my inbox as your scam/chain email depository...just send them to me and forget about them.  withdrawnmist@gmail.com

Men are the same as women, just inside out !
« Last Edit: 06/09/2006 17:05:51 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Re: EMAIL HOAXES AND CHAIN EMAILS
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/2006 16:49:05 »
Your such a charmer!! I have more for you hold on!!!

Karen

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/2006 16:52:03 »
Well did you get that one, mentions NKS! what do you think about that one KIND SIR! Makes me a tad nervous!

Karen
« Last Edit: 06/09/2006 16:52:58 by Karen W. »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/09/2006 17:05:31 »
OOPS..forgot to mention that my email is withdrawnmist@gmail.com           ..well..I just edited my original post and added it.

The one linked from my profile does not work anymore.

So..Karen Mam...if you did it via the profile link then I would noit have received them...please to send again Mam.

« Last Edit: 06/09/2006 17:06:40 by neilep »

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/2006 17:10:28 »
Check your mail again SIR! I did as you asked this time.. there you go!

Karen

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: 06/09/2006 18:09:53 »
If you get scam email check out www.419eater.com

It's a site where people scam the scammers. Some of the stories are real ticklers :)

-------------------------
Flying Monkey Slayer says:

Some days it's not even worth knawing at the straps

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
« Reply #6 on: 06/09/2006 19:05:57 »
very good indeed!!  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/09/2006 21:27:08 »
and here's another http://www.thespamletters.com/

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/09/2006 06:44:29 »
Lookie what I found in my emailsy today...interesting that I just received it today...hmmm?

REPLY BACK TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL BELOW From :Fatimah mohammed
E-mail:( fatimahmoh888@yahoo.fr ) Private:( fatimahmoh833@yahoo.fr)                Dear One(like Neilsy said, no name),
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you, After reading your profile in this site I decided to confide in you this simple and sincere business.  I am fatimah mohammeh  the only surviving daughter of late Mr and Mrs ibrahim mohammed from Liberia who was killed by the former war Lord Mr Charles Taylor. My late father was accused of having hand in sponsorship of the troup that tried to overthrow the his government during his time as the president of Liberia He was arrested and beaten to a comma and was later thrown into prison where he was secretly murdered . My late mother was also mudered by the then government alongside my only sister leaving me, I survived this because I was in school outside my country Liberia. But during my one of my visits to the prison where he was incacerated before his death , he disclosed to me about the deposit of Twelve Million United States Dollars ($12M)(Exchange rate changes all the time???) he made with one of the banks in Cote D' Ivoire, he told me that his lawyer has all the documents covering all the transactions he made and the documents covering the deposit,he also told me that the deposit was made with my name as the next of kin and the beneficiarry to the fund, he told me that why he made the deposit in Cote D'Ivoire was that Cote D' Ivoire was the only peacefull(yeah, right...uh, I don't think so!!!) country in Africa where he find safe to hide his hard earned money. He also advise me to leave Liberia for Cote D' Ivoire where they Government will not find me there I will locate the bank where he deposited the money and seek for a foriegn trust worthy partner Oversea(why oversea? Because they maybe a bit naive and not know this is a scam?) who will assist me in transfering the money and Invest it properly in a very profitable business(what type of profitable business...scam business??).
I have now located the bank here in Cote D' Ivoire(the name of the bank please...) and confirm the existence of the money(how can you without proper info on account and why can't you get it out if you are the beneficiary??).Dear, I am honourably(dishonourably is the word here) seeking your assistance in the following ways:   (1) To Help me transfer this money into your account(why not keep it in the account you found as it is a peaceful country and is safe for you to go to!) for Investment purpose in your Country(How can you invest over here when you have to apply for political assylum?? and that takes a bit of time)(would you really trust a stranger with 12 Million USD, just by reviewing a profile?)
(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund(I cannot do this without legal POA here in the US, I wonder what I would need overseas..as "proper documentation" as documents can be doctor'ed or paying one of the judicial magistrates/ministers under the table would produce illegal document)
(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country. (hehe, sure, I want you to be my foreign exchange student...I want to sponsor you, would this be tax deductible?)
Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within a couple of days(Pretty fast for International documents produced...) you signify interest to assist me.  Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God bless.
Best regards,
fatimah mohammed

These are so much fun to address, I am with you Neil...hehe  I had one who kept up communication and tried to convince me through their frustration for a month..hehe...I told him I would turn him over to Bank Authoritatives and much more as I am sure they would love to know where the Money is...hehe He played right along as a banking authoritarian was helping me deal with the matter...investigated...blank address, nothing was legit...as we tried to bust these stupid criminals...geez..

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Carolyn

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07/09/2006 16:09:56 »
Yep.  That's the exact same one I received, same email, same everything.  These people are pimples on the butts of humanity.  They need to popped!

Carolyn

Offline lotusbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/09/2006 19:22:02 »
I recieved that exact same one today as well! I wonder if she got us all from this site?

Debs

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/09/2006 19:57:08 »
Welcome lotusbunny :D

Free the feet

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/09/2006 20:32:42 »
Yepperoo Debs, that's the one that some of the chosen few have been receiving..

Dear Le Scam Artiste,

Sil vous plait to sendez moi le email de buiness de le crap proposition of stinky merde.

Hopefully  my cunning french may have confused them so much that they'll start scamming themselves with their own emails and then replying to them too in an endless loop .....LOL :D..

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08/09/2006 03:23:18 »
Welcome lotusbunny!

Neilsy, you are so funny!  I think you love the word "merde"  LOL

"Lo" Loretta

Offline lotusbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/09/2006 07:56:52 »
Hi ya :D

Do you think anyone could really be mad enough to reply to one of those seriously?

Debs

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08/09/2006 08:23:03 »
NO, That one is very obviously a scam, but know this there are others out there much much more clever, so  don't always look for them to be obvious like that one!

Karen

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08/09/2006 14:55:51 »
Hi ya lotusbunny...I did!  As I couldn't resist weiling him into my little trap...I will run him all over the place..as they annoy me...

There are scams taking place through dating sites now they will put up a pic depending on race, make you fall in love(whatever)and get you to send them money to come over...right, if you want to see me, you come over and find the means...lol  My girlfriend just told me about this one a week ago...

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08/09/2006 16:03:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by moonfire

Hi ya lotusbunny...I did!  As I couldn't resist weiling him into my little trap...I will run him all over the place..as they annoy me...

There are scams taking place through dating sites now they will put up a pic depending on race, make you fall in love(whatever)and get you to send them money to come over...right, if you want to see me, you come over and find the means...lol  My girlfriend just told me about this one a week ago...

"Lo" Loretta

Yeah, something like that happened to me. Her name was Betty, she turned out to be a Sheep.......I'll get my coat

Free the feet

Offline lotusbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08/09/2006 19:56:46 »
The ones that really annoy me are the' You've won a prize' scams.[:(!]

I've just written off to one of them last week threatening legal action if they don't send the money they said I'd won , lol.

Make em skwirmmmmmmm

I will report them though. There is a site called Rip Off Tip Off that chase up these scammers for you.

Debs

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08/09/2006 20:26:59 »
Dear Most Honourable Brothers & Sisters of Naked Science Love & Goodness,

greetings and felicitations..

May I partake of your time for a few minutes to congratulate you all on winning TEN MILLION POUNDS...each !!

Please to send me 50 each so that I may proceed with the transfer. I will also require your credit card details, (plus the three numbers on the back),  bank account details and log in passwords for all accounts that you have ever had, plus your neigbours and their friends and familys details too,....the deeds to your house and all other properties, your cars and any other automobile, and three pints of blood...

This is just to secure the transfer that I am having to be doing to your most honourable selves if you please to thank you me.

it is with sincere love and charitable humble niceness that I am pleased to serve you your prize in due course after all the checks to be done have been done.

Thanking you and bless your hearts for this wondrous joy that I have bestowed upon you...for it is my honour and pleasure to be knowing you comrades and bestest chums.

Yours

Penile Neilep

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08/09/2006 21:03:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by lotusbunny

The ones that really annoy me are the' You've won a prize' scams.[:(!]

I've just written off to one of them last week threatening legal action if they don't send the money they said I'd won , lol.

Make em skwirmmmmmmm

I will report them though. There is a site called Rip Off Tip Off that chase up these scammers for you.

Debs

Don't you love that!  Make'em think about it next time!  LOL[}:)]

"Lo" Loretta

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08/09/2006 21:04:41 »
You are so good!  LOL  I would be fooled most definitely...hehe

"Lo" Loretta

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08/09/2006 22:04:58 »
Where do I sign? *ooops I just dropped my card, let me just bend over and pick it up*

Free the feet

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08/09/2006 23:44:23 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mirage

Where do I sign? *ooops I just dropped my card, let me just bend over and pick it up*

Free the feet

LOL....are you ' winking ' at me ?

......... (I said  ' WINking'........sheesh !!!some people !!!!)

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09/09/2006 04:07:01 »
And I thought Loretta and I were a pair! HEE HEE HEE!!

Karen

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #24 on: 09/09/2006 04:07:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length