The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: ALIENS.. really interesting science haha  (Read 10367 times)

Offline lightarrow

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: ALIENS.. really interesting science haha
« Reply #25 on: 23/10/2006 20:14:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by science_guy

Im the other one :D
Very well! Now, please, explain us how to build a spaceship!

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23/10/2006 23:17:26 »
Simple: buy a K'nex model from your nearest department store and assemble [:p]:D

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I would engage you in a battle of wits, but it is against my moral code to attack the unarmed.

Offline dgdavisjr

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09/11/2006 12:12:59 »
Building a "spaceship" is not a problem. Any airtight container will do. Building a usefull spaceship, with life support, environmental shielding, propulsion and navigation (and, of course, really comfortable seats for those long worm-hole flights) is quite another matter.

Offline ScouseLad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17/11/2006 10:57:11 »
Whats Happenin' Scientists :)
So we building a spaceship to get to the other life out there then? :D

Lol seriously tho how is the chance of life the same as 10thousand ppl flipping a coin 10thousand times and always gettin heads.. thats rubbish.. and also its rubbish that there is only 2 intelectual life forms out there.

I think that simply with infinite stars out there, theres infinite forms of life, and inteligent life. I mean look at how we're trying to find them, by putting radio telescopes 2 the skies in the hope they are going to broudcast to us. And that's only going to be close living inteligent life that we hear of...

As technology gets better, then science is going to. Thats why people are coming out with rubbish like stringtheory. Alot of complicated maths to support a stupid theory.
I mean the actual laws of actual physics might not be true, I seen on TV last night that NASA are experimenting with some fellas experient where he made a machine, and it would take the energy given into it, and give out more energy. And this goes against the laws of physics..
So if people are claiming that there isnt life out there, without even the basic laws correct, then they MUST be right. lol no.
I think that when humans evolve, into something other than just human, and that species looks at us how we look to apes, then maybe that species will start to distort space time and find other intelligent life.
Because people beleaving things like stringtheory and they're actual scientists who make a living off predicting things like that there is no intelligent life are liars and simply chatting bubbles lol
Live is out there.. and only time will take us to find it! :) 

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17/11/2006 16:05:16 »
The Scientists today are not just trying to make new theorys based on what they want to do, but making theorys of the universe based on what we have already proven to be true.  If a theory is made based on a scientists fancies, and not on what might explain the unknown, then that particular scientist will be ridiculed.  I myself believe that aliens are highly unlikely for several reasons. 1)none of the planets outside of our solar system that we have discovered have the terrestial planets on the inside of the gas planets, leaving scientists to question our planets creation. 2)none of the actual terrestial planets are in the "life support distance" from the sun that is needed for intelligent life.  3)Oxygen is needed for larger-than-a-germ life forms, because it is what is reactable enough for what fuels our daily lives, but not too unstable.

Try not to keep from questioning a scientists beliefs, but do not call them silly.  A scientist is meant to question everything until what he questions is proven absolutely to him, but no condensation is meant to permeate the groups.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #29 on: 17/11/2006 16:05:16 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length