The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Clever Surgery Trick  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« on: 20/01/2007 16:52:46 »
Clever Surgery Trick
COVENTRY, England -- When 62-year-old Trizka Litton waited seven months for an operation to cure a hernia, she became desperate and decided it was time to take action. To convince paramedics she had vomited blood, she made fake blood out of crumbled biscuits and cranberry juice and stuck it in a microwave dish. The ambulancemen took her to Walgrave Hospital in Coventry where she discarded the blood in a trash can before it could be tested. After she was examined, she was given a bed and taken the next day for an emergency operation. Now fully recovered, Trizka said, "I carried a heavy burden of guilt and shame at being forced to cheat and lie. But it vanished when doctors told me just how near death I had been."

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2007 19:06:39 »
 What Doctor in their right mind would perform such a surgery without medical proof of a problem..? How would they now what to treat??? Did they not run further tests...??? Surely they did,  or else how would they know what they were operating on.. and if they did operate and find nothing wrong.. wouldn't they tell her that she was on deaths door, just to cover their own tails about operating with no reason...... That is an incredible story...OH wait I see she had already been Diagnosed but for whatever reason they weren't treating her... money ow other reason so then she faked it ok... I got it! Sorry Hadrian I had misunderstood... LOL Well Glad she was concerned enough to move on her instints.. I don't think I would ever trust mine enough to do that! That's scary..

Offline moonfire

• Neilep Level Member
  • Can't stand the heat, step away from the fire!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.m2global.com/stormdiamonds
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2007 19:26:31 »
Doctors are required to perform such tests before performing surgery....malpractice would ensue if they didn't...She had a hernia.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2007 19:50:51 »
CAn a hernia rupture or bleed, or is that what a hernia does.. You can get them from heavy lifting or excessive strain right? I saw a picture of a weight lifter that had a horrid hernia.. but the picture was quite scary and I don't know if It was an accurate portrayal of what can happen to someone.. this one actually penetrated out of his body as if it had exploded from inside out.. was very weird.. I did not know that could happen..

Offline Greg Smith

• View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2007 20:42:33 »
A hernia, depending on where it is located on the body, can "strangulate". That is, a portion of the intestine can get caught between the layers of fascia causing a lack of blood flow, thus causing it to die. If that happens, emergency surgery to remove the gangrenous part of the bowel is critical to save the patient's life.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #5 on: 20/01/2007 20:51:47 »
Yikes that sounds scary.. This picture a friend showed me was off the internet so I was skeptical. It looked as if this mans bowels had bust out through his lower orifices and had just balloned out ripping him open.. I thought surely the picture must have been fake.. Can something like that happen really???

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #6 on: 21/01/2007 12:43:18 »
Its a strange world indeed

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #7 on: 21/01/2007 17:21:59 »
CAn that happen Hadrian..This guy I was refering to was a weight lifter, and this happened while he was in the middle od a huge lift... I wonder if it was real or a doctored photo..!

Offline Hadrian

• Neilep Level Member
  • Scallywag
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #8 on: 21/01/2007 19:26:32 »
Weight lifting is an extreme sport when things rip the really rip!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #9 on: 21/01/2007 22:35:35 »
OOOh Yuck, That's scarey....

The Naked Scientists Forum

Clever Surgery Trick
« Reply #9 on: 21/01/2007 22:35:35 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums