The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: +++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++  (Read 8386 times)

Offline System_failureGTz

• View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« on: 04/06/2007 10:07:47 »

I  just relised that im ANTI-america (south parks alright) well more anti-american govenment personally i think they are one of the worst govornments around today, there govornment is corrupt terrible and has a s*** leader, it makes major mistakes encourages overconsumption and kills innocent people in far away lands, IS ANYONE AGAINST ME (be prepared for an argument if u are)
                          [:-[] [:-'(]  [:(!]

paul.fr

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #1 on: 04/06/2007 10:14:48 »

I  just relised that im ANTI-america (south parks alright) well more anti-american govenment personally i think they are one of the worst govornments around today, there govornment is corrupt terrible and has a s*** leader, it makes major mistakes encourages overconsumption and kills innocent people in far away lands, IS ANYONE AGAINST ME (be prepared for an argument if u are)
                          [:-[] [:-'(]  [:(!]

i would like to think we all are. You have yet to put forward a mature reason for your argument so please feel free to do so, i and others will reply. If you have a constructive and valid argument.

• View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #2 on: 04/06/2007 10:17:01 »
Is this a compliment or are u trying to insult me "If you have a constructive and valid argument" i thought that my first comment was rather valid and contructive

paul.fr

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #3 on: 04/06/2007 10:23:23 »
Is this a compliment or are u trying to insult me "If you have a constructive and valid argument" i thought that my first comment was rather valid and contructive

No, it's not an insult. Merely a request! It may well be valid to you but it has nothing constructive. They are not willy nilly killing people in far off lands. Wheather you believe in the war or not you have to support the troops if not the leadership.

there are more than just the americans over there. Their leader is an elected one, which a lot of other countries do not have. Other countries have dictators that DO kill their own people.

i would write more but i am wiping my hard drive and reinstalling another pc from scratch so i will be hit and miss here for a while

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #4 on: 04/06/2007 23:06:17 »
Do you want to fight about it?

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #5 on: 04/06/2007 23:07:58 »
Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where this bloke walks into a room with a sign on the dor saying "Arguments in here" and says "Is this where I can get an argument?". To which the guy in the room says "No". "but it says on the door I can get an argument in here," replies the man. "No it doesn't" comes the reply...

paul.fr

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #6 on: 04/06/2007 23:13:32 »
you mean this?

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #7 on: 04/06/2007 23:13:44 »
What's happening here?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #8 on: 05/06/2007 00:53:13 »
Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch where this bloke walks into a room with a sign on the dor saying "Arguments in here" and says "Is this where I can get an argument?". To which the guy in the room says "No". "but it says on the door I can get an argument in here," replies the man. "No it doesn't" comes the reply...

you mean this?

Wow you two... HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE..LOL That was great! I laughed a lot so funny! LOL I liked it and have never seen it! LOL!

• View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #9 on: 05/06/2007 09:34:06 »
Karen W have u ever seen a monty python movie

Offline DoctorBeaver

• A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #10 on: 05/06/2007 09:47:59 »

"Time's up"
"No it isn't"
"Yes it is"
"Ah, but you're still arguing"
"No I'm not"

CLASSIC!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #11 on: 05/06/2007 14:17:09 »
Karen W have u ever seen a monty python movie

Yepperoo, I have, I am not so good at remembering titles.. LOL
I have not seen a lot, but the ones I did see were years ago, so I remember little about them..I probably should watch them again as my memory of them is really poor and I really loved that little skit!

Who Did Blazing saddles Young Frankenstien.. etc etc.. were those not python????
« Last Edit: 05/06/2007 14:31:36 by Karen W. »

Offline science_guy

• I'm right there... inside neilep's head!
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #12 on: 05/06/2007 15:54:03 »
The issue with Bush is that many people don't like him because of the decisions that he was forced to make in his career.  Many people don't understand that sometimes you have to make a huge decision, like whether a mall full of your own people die, or a city of another country's.  The decisions he has made may just of been the better ones, but people hate him for that since he may of not been able to find a better solution.

It amazes me that so many people think it's just 1-2-poof and you can run the country.

Offline Simulated

• Neilep Level Member
  • Simulated..What more do you needa know :P
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #13 on: 05/06/2007 15:57:09 »
Its all his Dad's fault. LoL.

Offline Nobody's Confidant

• Neilep Level Member
  • So loud silence can be.
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #14 on: 05/06/2007 18:27:04 »
WHy are you tryiing to instigate a fight? It's pointless, solve problems by talking (in a not arguing way).

Be anti-american if you want. The war in Iraq could've gone off much better, but George wasn't tactful in the way he did it. Thats my opinion.

Ok, maybe the Americans are killing Arabs, but wait to get the whole picture. Get the soldiers side of the story.

Besides, Sadaam was just as bad before we removed him.

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #15 on: 05/06/2007 18:29:30 »
Its all his Dad's fault. LoL.

Wrong, H.W. Bush did a great job. Clinton screwed everything up.

paul.fr

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #16 on: 05/06/2007 21:08:16 »
i bet he did not expect the Spanish inquestion

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #17 on: 05/06/2007 21:18:23 »
HA HA HA HA HA!! LOL Thanks so much Paul so funny! I loved when he pulls out the rack.. LOL i coun'nt quit laughing!HEE HEE HEE!!!

Offline Mirage

• Neilep Level Member
  • Dry Hump anyone?
    • View Profile
    • http://brokenzanymind.blogspot.com/
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #18 on: 05/06/2007 21:26:58 »

"Time's up"
"No it isn't"
"Yes it is"
"Ah, but you're still arguing"
"No I'm not"

CLASSIC!

another_someone

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #19 on: 05/06/2007 21:47:08 »
The issue with Bush is that many people don't like him because of the decisions that he was forced to make in his career.  Many people don't understand that sometimes you have to make a huge decision, like whether a mall full of your own people die, or a city of another country's.  The decisions he has made may just of been the better ones, but people hate him for that since he may of not been able to find a better solution.

It amazes me that so many people think it's just 1-2-poof and you can run the country.

So you think that killing a city full of people in another country will protect a mall in your country?

Maybe, just maybe, the relatives of all the people in the foreign city that you just destroyed may now have good cause to come and seek their own justice upon you - is that really what you regard as protection?

As for people wanting to run their own country - is that not what democracy is about - if you don't believe that ordinary people should be running their own country, then does that mean you do not believe in democracy?  Should not the government of a nation be answerable to its people, and if the people think they got it wrong, then should not the people have a right to say so?

Indeed, there is a long tradition, going back at least as far as Plato, in suggesting that democracy is a bad idea because ordinary people are not experts in running a country, and so should have no say in the matter.  While that might possibly have some validity in the matter, it has to nonetheless be remembered that both in the UK and in the USA, the present political leaders were elected by a supposed mandate of the people, and if the populace has no right to give such a mandate, then the people who gained power through such a mandate should not be the one's in power anyway.

Offline Seany

• Neilep Level Member
  • Live your life to the full!
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #20 on: 05/06/2007 22:16:54 »
Arguments are naw good!! ;)

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #21 on: 06/06/2007 01:31:01 »
I'm with ya there Seany. :D

another_someone

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #22 on: 06/06/2007 02:00:15 »
There is to my mind a difference between argument and debate.  If you can't debate a matter without letting it get personal (and hence becoming an argument), then I agree, there is nothing to be gained.

• View Profile
+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #23 on: 06/06/2007 10:16:37 »
YAY IM GETTING AN ARGUMENT GONIG

another_someone

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #24 on: 06/06/2007 12:38:23 »
YAY IM GETTING AN ARGUMENT GONIG

Deliberately trying to provoke an argument (as distinct from a reasoned debate) is what is known as trolling, and is considered highly anti-social in most environments (even, if we felt you really were doing that, potentially get you thrown off the forum).

Raising a controversial topic for reasoned discussion is one thing, trolling for effect is another.

The Naked Scientists Forum

+++THE ARGUMENT AREA+++
« Reply #24 on: 06/06/2007 12:38:23 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums