• 5 Replies

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
  • Everyone should beware of The Pox...
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« on: 17/08/2010 13:19:30 »
Dear all

I am looking for a free software programme that I can download onto my laptop, in the form of an organiser. Something I can use to schedule tasks, make notes things to do, study plans etc. It need to be simple though ( I am not great with computers!) I am not fussed if it synchronises with email or other computers or whatever, I just need a large virtual organiser! I do have on on my fone but it is fiddly and a pain to use.

any suggestions welcome  [:)]

Thanks

PS: Oh yeah I run a laptop with Windows 7 on it!
  A potty-mouthed, impertinent female who thinks she is God's gift to men" -JimBob

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 17/08/2010 15:54:49 »
Hello Poxy Lady,

I think google aps can be persuaded to do all of that - i have never tried, but know a few people that love the planning/diary applications.  I tried microsoft 'one note' for one project i was working on and felt that with perseverance it could be really useful, especially if many different media were involved.  I tend to work with ms word, a wall planner, and post-it notes; I am assured there are better ways.  Matthew

Thereís no sense in being precise when you donít even know what youíre talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #2 on: 17/08/2010 16:05:15 »
Hello.....err.... faal ing man?!!

Ohhhh google apps.... I run chrome so might be something for that. I will check it out  [:)]

Yes currently most of my life revolves round post-it notes and my phone reminders. Best thing I found was the sticky note tool on my laptop for making  post-it notes on the screen, technology is great!  [:D]
  A potty-mouthed, impertinent female who thinks she is God's gift to men" -JimBob

Offline BenV

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #3 on: 17/08/2010 16:50:17 »
Handing google the keys to your life can be very helpful - docs, calendar, email, to-do lists ("tasks" in gmail), address book - and it will integrate everything properly.  Slight snag - you will need to be online.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #4 on: 17/08/2010 16:59:25 »
Handing google the keys to your life
now that's a scary way of putting it!
Thereís no sense in being precise when you donít even know what youíre talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline Variola

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Organiser suggestions
« Reply #5 on: 17/08/2010 18:26:49 »
Handing google the keys to your life can be very helpful - docs, calendar, email, to-do lists ("tasks" in gmail), address book - and it will integrate everything properly.  Slight snag - you will need to be online.

Hmmmm I have an old gmail account that I use for a junk email, I will have a look.
Problem is as you say being online, ideally I want something that runs even when not online.