Hi everyone

• 1 Replies

Offline Lmnre

• View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: 09/03/2012 19:14:52 »
Hi,

I'm Lmnre. If you can't remember my name, just remember that it's "elementary" .... L-M-N-R-E ...... get it? I tried to think of something British, and Sherlock kept telling me, "It's elementary, ... it's elementary, ...." so there it is.

I joined recently. I was on another science forum (forum name withheld), and I began to lose interest in it, so here I am!

I'm American, and we had this flap recently in the news about copyrighted material on the internet. As far as I can tell, the policy here is to post it and give credit, right?

Some people say that I'm funny, but then they stop hanging around me, so I guess they don't like people with a sense of humor (or is that people with senses of humor?). ;)

I hope to learn from others, and maybe others will learn from me.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: 13/03/2012 10:04:30 »
Hi there!

There is academic fair usage - which I think covers us (with links and proper attribution) ; this would not apply to posting links to hooky film copies, dodgy mp3s, overly large chunks of published works, non-academic work etc.  In a science discussion as long as you link and attribute iit should be ok - err on the side of caution with other stuff, you can always just provide a link
Thereís no sense in being precise when you donít even know what youíre talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n