Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Is Warmer Ice Cream More Calorific ?
« on: 04/08/2009 11:49:41 »
Dearest Naked Science Peeps Of Ice Cream Luffing Fun,

Happy Tuesday.

As a sheepy I of course luff ice cream !...hmmmmm....it's well delish.....The Italians do it best...!!

Look , here's some..

[attachment=9299]
Some Ice Cream In Florence Yesterday

Having recenlty asked a temperature related question I got to thinking that would there be any calorific difference if I consumned two identical tubs of ice cream but there was a big difference in temperature  say -10 C and +3c ?

I am thinking that the colder the ice cream the more the body will burn energy to warm it and this it will be less fattening !...whajafink ?

hugs

Neil
Ice Cream Eater
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Herman Melville

« Reply #1 on: 04/08/2009 11:55:19 »
In theory, that's true. But it's still fattening.
« Last Edit: 04/08/2009 12:29:50 by Herman Melville »

Offline LeeE

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
    • Spatial
« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2009 20:08:01 »
I used to do a bit of winter hillwalking and scrambling in my younger days, usually three-day trips and camping out overnight, and just eating and drinking cold stuff wasn't a good idea as it did seem to drain appreciable energy from our bodies.  This was in sub-zero temperatures though, so the temperature gradient and the rate at which we lost heat was more critical.

(Oops! - Edited to correct misspelling: tree->three)
« Last Edit: 05/08/2009 12:53:35 by LeeE »
...And its claws are as big as cups, and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps! And Mrs Doyle was telling me it's got magnets on its tail, so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you! And instead of a mouth it's got four arses!

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/08/2009 02:41:34 »
 Hummmmm..that is interesting.. I have never thought of that before! I love ice cream so it doesn't matter.. I have to be careful with it.... but would be nice to know if we turned up the freezer would it be a tad less fattening? I wonder how one might test that theory?

Neil is always up for an empirical study what can he do to test it?

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/08/2009 02:43:27 »
Dearest Naked Science Peeps Of Ice Cream Luffing Fun,

Happy Tuesday.

As a sheepy I of course luff ice cream !...hmmmmm....it's well delish.....The Italians do it best...!!

Look , here's some..

[attachment=9299]
Some Ice Cream In Florence Yesterday

Having recenlty asked a temperature related question I got to thinking that would there be any calorific difference if I consumned two identical tubs of ice cream but there was a big difference in temperature  say -10 C and +3c ?

I am thinking that the colder the ice cream the more the body will burn energy to warm it and this it will be less fattening !...whajafink ?

hugs

Neil
Ice Cream Eater
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OH MY GAWWWWWWD That is the most beautiful looking ice cream I have ever seen! Wholly Molly!!!

"Life is not measured by the number of Breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/08/2009 11:17:26 »
In theory, that's true. But it's still fattening.

As an adventurer sheep I am prepared to travel to colder climes and then enjoy ice cream at even colder temperatures. I am determined to enjoy full fat ice cream at temperatures that nullify any fat adding properties. I must do this. It is very important as I want to eat ice cream !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/08/2009 11:19:37 »
I used to do a bit of winter hillwalking and scrambling in my younger days, usually tree-day trips and camping out overnight, and just eating and drinking cold stuff wasn't a good idea as it did seem to drain appreciable energy from our bodies.  This was in sub-zero temperatures though, so the temperature gradient and the rate at which we lost heat was more critical.

Gosh !...Perhaps if I was to echo your hillwaking experiences but supplement it with either some energy tablets or a portable sun lamp that I could use only when eating ice cream !  thanks LeeE...ewe are an adventurer !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/08/2009 11:24:12 »
Hummmmm..that is interesting.. I have never thought of that before! I love ice cream so it doesn't matter.. I have to be careful with it.... but would be nice to know if we turned up the freezer would it be a tad less fattening? I wonder how one might test that theory?

Neil is always up for an empirical study what can he do to test it?

I am prepared to go to extraordinary lengths as mentioned in the posts above......I will do ' what it takes ' to enjoy ice cream ..because I luff it !

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/08/2009 12:36:03 »
Well I hope you post back here on your adventure and tell us how it went! YUMMMMMMMMMy! lol..