Why are judges more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break ?

• 8 Replies

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
Dearest Science Peeps Of Puissance & Awe,

How are ewe today ?...Watch the Grand Prix today ? well done Hamilton !! though, I’m actually a Ferrari fan so I’m a Spanish sheep at the moment (Alonso  [::)]). Anyway, I enjoyed this chat...we should do it again some time. Get your people to contact mine and we’ll do lunch !

In the mean time will ewe please take a look at this Judge.

[attachment=14929]

A Judge For Ewe To Look At

Did ewe know that (this is a fact) that Judges are  more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break  ?   Nope...me neither !

Why’s that then ?...Why are judges more likely to make a favourable decision after a meal break ?

If ewe let me know..I will then know......and I can tell others and they will think I am klevur !

Ta

Hugs and shmishes

mwah mwah mwah

neil
I’m Guilty
xxxxxxxxxx
Men are the same as women, just inside out !

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
Would it be because they wos indulging in a bit of hanky-panky with a judgy friend during the lunch break? Judging from the look on that judge geezer's fizzog, he could do with a bit of hanky-panky.
There ain'ta no sanity clause, and there ain'ta no centrifugal force æther.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Low blood sugar, (which would be corrected by a eating meal), can alter mood and impair judgement ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia#Neuroglycopenic_manifestations
« Last Edit: 24/07/2011 21:09:09 by RD »

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
Relaxing and mollifying action of moderate amount of alcohol?  BTW sheepy - where did you read this; I would be interested in following up
There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
Favourable to whom? The prosecution or the defence? I suppose it would depend on who treated him to lunch and whether it was a lousy Big Mac or a 6 course silver service at the Dorchester, Savoy or some such gastronomic emporium avec le étoile au Michelin.
If brains were made of dynamite, I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Would it be because they wos indulging in a bit of hanky-panky with a judgy friend during the lunch break? Judging from the look on that judge geezer's fizzog, he could do with a bit of hanky-panky.

Nice of ewe to volunteer Geezer  [;D]

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Low blood sugar, (which would be corrected by a eating meal), can alter mood and impair judgement ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia#Neuroglycopenic_manifestations

Thanks RD....sounds reasonable to me !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Relaxing and mollifying action of moderate amount of alcohol?  BTW sheepy - where did you read this; I would be interested in following up

I wish I could remember chum...actually..I'm pretty sure I heard it on a BBC World Service radio show....It just stuck in my head and I don't recall if they gave an explanation..I think it was a 'quick fact' type of thing !

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
Favourable to whom? The prosecution or the defence? I suppose it would depend on who treated him to lunch and whether it was a lousy Big Mac or a 6 course silver service at the Dorchester, Savoy or some such gastronomic emporium avec le étoile au Michelin.

I know ...Why don't ewe treat us all to both ?  and I will empirically record the results !...thanks Don..YAYYYY !!  [;D]