0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
I ran a magnet over a CRT TV screen, this had the effect of changing the colour of the image and the effect lasted for a few days! Why?
With care the effect can be got rid of by waving the other pole of the magnet near the screen.
If you are interested I have written this up as a kitchen science at:http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/kitchen-science/exp/magnets-and-tvs/
when the power is on the degaussing device is being heated with consequent reduction in its life.