help needed!

• 9 Replies

Offline Civat

• First timers
    • View Profile
help needed!
« on: 31/01/2012 11:12:21 »
Hi everyone!

Just need to ask something. Im planning on getting some business cards made. My friend told me about a online company called <spam made easy> and said they were very good. I would just like to know have any of you ordered anything from there and would like to know how it was?
« Last Edit: 07/02/2012 18:17:08 by imatfaal »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: help needed!
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2012 11:28:10 »
You can find ratings for online products and services from WOT and McAfee
« Last Edit: 08/02/2012 23:18:30 by RD »

Offline CliffordK

• Neilep Level Member
  • Site Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2012 13:26:18 »
If you only need a few cards, you can also buy punch-out business card paper.

https://www.google.com/search?q=business+card+paper&tbm=shop&hl=en&oq=business+card+paper&aq=f&aqi=g3g-m4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2112l4872l0l5129l19l9l0l1l1l1l290l1492l0.5.3l8l0

I see some also are laminated. 
I prefer color laser printers if possible, so they don't run, although ink jet printers may have better image quality.  Don't use paper for ink jet only printers in a laser printer.

Offline Civat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/02/2012 11:47:39 »
Thanks for the reply guys!

I looked up more into detail of <spam made easy> and found some really good deals on them. I can now get 50% off my business cards :D I think im going to order a lot from them now! :)
« Last Edit: 07/02/2012 18:17:28 by imatfaal »

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/02/2012 07:43:50 »
I have mine printed with English on one side and Spamish on the other.
There ain'ta no sanity clause, and there ain'ta no centrifugal force ćther.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/02/2012 10:47:26 »
I actually do have the last few cards from my previous employment that are English and Arabic.  I made the mistake about ten years ago of getting some free business cards - the endless spam/junk snail-mail was incredible; two or three email a day and a letter through the post most weeks.
There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline Don_1

• Neilep Level Member
  • A stupid comment for every occasion.
    • View Profile
    • Knight Light Haulage
« Reply #6 on: 08/02/2012 12:54:48 »
I actually do have the last few cards from my previous employment that are English and Arabic.  I made the mistake about ten years ago of getting some free business cards - the endless spam/junk snail-mail was incredible; two or three email a day and a letter through the post most weeks.

I must admit, I have fallen foul of this scourge myself, but they were free! YES FREE!!!

I still can't manage to work out how I ended up paying for them
If brains were made of dynamite, I wouldn't have enough to blow my nose.

Offline Geezer

• Neilep Level Member
  • "Vive la résistance!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/02/2012 22:55:25 »
I actually do have the last few cards from my previous employment that are English and Arabic.

If you don't read Arabic yourself,  I hope you got someone who does to confirm it didn't include any inappropriate comments about your ancestry.
There ain'ta no sanity clause, and there ain'ta no centrifugal force ćther.

Offline imatfaal

• Neilep Level Member
  • rouge moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/02/2012 12:41:44 »
I actually do have the last few cards from my previous employment that are English and Arabic.

If you don't read Arabic yourself,  I hope you got someone who does to confirm it didn't include any inappropriate comments about your ancestry.

I was promised it didn't! and I compared it very closely to those of colleagues and the only difference was my name - which I was able to check myself.  It was more for the huge amount of contact details we had in those days: telex, reuters, comtext, telephone, mobile, homephone, fax, cable address - and I was the first in the company to have a new email address
There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.  John Von Neumann

At the surface, we may appear as intellects, helpful people, friendly staff or protectors of the interwebs. Deep down inside, we're all trolls. CaptainPanic @ sf.n

Offline budd3

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19/02/2012 04:57:47 »
How strong can we make magnets or electromagnets be and could we use magnets for transportation or even as an energy source?