HOW WE HANDLE YOUR DATA
EMAILS AND CONTENT FROM OTHER FEEDBACK FORMS
Please note that, unless you explicitly state otherwise, we will regard any content that you submit to us, including your name, as suitable for inclusion in our output, which can include published webpages, posts in our online forum, radio broadcasts or podcasts. For instance, if you send us a question, we may include that question, alongside your name as the submitter, in a future programme. If you would prefer us not to do this, or to answer your question anonymously, please state this preference clearly at the start of your communication with us. Please note that we cannot remove material from programmes that have already been broadcast or published.
NAKED SCIENTISTS COPYRIGHT POLICY
All content published on this website, except if stated otherwise, is owned by the Naked Scientists. You are free to view and download the material for personal use, and you may link to the content from external websites. Short written quotations of up to 50 words taken from a page on the site are acceptable, provided these are accompanied by a clear, visible and active link to the source page on the Naked Scientists website. Lengthier texts, and all audiovisual media made available via this site, including via RSS feeds and third party platforms utilised for content distribution by the Naked Scientists, must not be reproduced, re-published, re-distributed or re-used in any form or on any medium, including online and offline, without the prior permission of the Naked Scientists. Applications for such use should be made to the Managing Editor.
NAKED SCIENTISTS COOKIES
This website makes use of "cookies" to help provide you with the best experience we can. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
- The cookies used on this website are for the following purposes:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the free service that we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
- Social Networking Cookies:
- To enable you to “Like” or share our content via platforms like Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies:
- Advertising Cookies:
- Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards.
- You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com and opt out of such advertising, although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
- Banner Adverts:
- We fund our site by showing adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visit so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working.
- Turning Cookies Off:
- You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Please note that doing so will limit the functionality of this site.
- It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
The cookie information on this site is derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing (http://www.attacat.co.uk), a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.